Friday, January 2, 2009

Recap

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. I love Christmas. I hate messing with the decorations. I hate how a stomach flu is always passed around. I love the time off Spencer gets/takes from work. I hate how dark it is so early at night. I hate paying our crazy heating bill. I hate how there are always football bowl games on. :) I love that my kids are suddenly absolutely addicted to the music from Mamma Mia. ADDICTED.

But most of all, I love witnessing the magic of Christmas. This year was no exception. We had the privilege (?) of being the recipients of gifts by TWO separate groups doing The Twelve Days of Christmas. Whoever did it was so kind and thoughtful. The four of us had lots to look forward to every night.

Macie's headstone was taking a long time (I can't blame them - we were picky). Alas, the company we went with realized how much we wanted it in for Christmas and put a rush on it. Not only was it in the ground in time for Christmas, it was in about a week early and it looks FANTASTIC. I just love it. Sorry, you guys don't get a picture - it's just too precious for the 'ol blog. But...another witness of Christmas magic.

I only cried once on Christmas day, sad about what my baby girl was missing, and what I was missing. But, my two other darlings didn't disappoint. Every present was an exciting moment for them; they were caught up in a fabulous world of toys and presents. Even though Tyler keeps referring to his Christmas presents as "junk" (i.e., Look at all my junk!), I know Christmas morning was just magical for him, and for Emma. And me? My very favorite gift is a beautiful pink tourmaline and diamond ring (October's birthstone), which is just the perfect reminder of sweet Macie. I love it.

Now we enter the longest, coldest, darkest month of the year. Hopefully some of that Christmas magic will carry over...

7 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

Glad your holiday was good. We heard great stories from your mom about Mama Mia. You can't sit still when that music is playing. We wish we could have seen you too. And don't worry, this year will be great, just wait and see. We love you guys!

Laura H. said...

Jessica sure misses Emma. That was fun week there with all the family. And I know what you mean about Mamma Mia - Jessica still randomly bursts out with "money, money, money!"

Anonymous said...

Oh man I love how much the kids love Mamma Mia. They are way too much fun.

Natalie N said...

What a sweet recap. Sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas. I'm so happy for you guys that Macie's headstone was done just as you hoped as well as done in time for Christmas. Too precious.

I agree with you about the longest, coldest month of the year... January just never seems to fly by! Maybe we could get together this month? Let me know if you're up for anything!

Camille said...

K - when your being all sad about it being dark early just think about me and be glad you're not in the constant rain and cold! I looked it up and you've go 60 degree highs next week - now that is not fair!

Jana said...

Cindy was telling us about your ring. I bet it is lovely!

I hope you guys had a fun trip visiting family! Tyler was telling us all about it in nursery- I'm going to miss him!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Ditto Cheri! Your loves and hates are just the way I feel! I am so glad that the headstone got done in time. It really is beatuifully done! I want to see your ring! What a wonderful reminder! Happy New Year and I miss you guys!