There are some phrases that drive me crazy:
- "We're/I'm preggo!" Please stop. Get pregnant by all means, but call it something else.
- "The reason for ___ is because..." So grammatically incorrect it gives me shivers.
- Anything involving the phrase tender mercies. A little (well, a lot) overused in the last 3 years. Not to mention how it's often wrongly used.
- And since so much communicating is done through emails and blogging these days, here's another one that bugs me: Periods and commas go INSIDE the ending quotation marks (Ex: "Happily Ever After.") (Can you tell I'm an editor?)
- And while I'm on a roll...the difference between their and there is SO EASY, and yes there is a difference. Another pet peeve...