Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow

Our weekend mini-getaway (by "mini," I mean less than 24 hours):

  • One NICE cabin. Scratch that...it was no cabin. One NICE house. Seriously - heated bathroom floor tiles.
  • Great company. Two other couples; some old friends and some new ones.
  • Yummy food. I have a new food love - Eggs Benedict. Really, where has this been my whole life?
  • Games. Even if they're silly and people "cheat," it's still fun. (The cheater was my husband, btw.)
  • Snow. We may have had to drive a few hours to find some, but wow - FUN. Not bad when the outside temp is 60 degrees. That's MY kind of sledding.
  • Two cute snow-deprived kids, who physically could not stop sledding.
  • Vegging and afternoon napping, and watching the kids run circles for hours and hours.

Maybe, just maybe, the best part was hearing Tyler hum (loudly) the tune to Jingle Bells every time he was coming down on the sled. Classic. Or maybe the best part was watching Emma wipe out for the 459th time and staying face-down in the snow, too exhausted to lift her body up one more time. Or maybe it was seeing all the kids reach meltdown at the same point, after two fun hours of sledding. More likely, it was watching Spencer and Ben have a little snow fight, trying to get the ice down the other's neck.


10 comments:

hales said...

Spencer -- you cheat?? You and I are SO bosom buddies!! Yeah! (I think the rest of "them" are seriously deficient in not having the talent to win at all costs.)

Lisa R.D. said...

These were great photos! It sounds like a great weekend getaway. I love the expressions on Tyler's and Emma's faces--their delight is documented!

Natalie N said...

Wow--what a GREAT weekend for you! I cannot let Whitney see this post though. She will be green with envy over seeing her friends in the snow! Sounds like a wonderful weekend with lots of memories. Glad you guys got to relax some!

jksfam said...

Looks like a great time! I love the kids' faces!

Rachel said...

Heated floors...sounds like a pretty nice place to me. I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Kim said...

Looks like fun! I'm with you on the Eggs Benedict. I just discovered them in December...WOW! I could gain some serious poundage if I learn to make those.

Misty said...

sounds like lots of fun!

Melanie said...

Looks like fun. I miss the snow!!

Janene said...

the pictures say it all! So FUN!

breanna said...

super cute pictures...they ALMOST make me miss the snow, but not quite!