Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2008

Instead of making resolutions for 2009, I'm going to do my best to focus on the highlights from the year 2008:

  • Shedding the stress of our last house (landlord didn't pay mortgage) and moving into a wonderful house just around the corner.
  • Going camping for the first time in...6 years (?). And enjoying it!
  • Attending a wonderful family reunion with Spencer's family. Then, taking the big 'ol motorhome to Yellowstone for 3 days.
  • Watching gas prices come down. More like watching them FALL down.
  • Getting Emma into a fabulous pre-school (after months and months of waiting-list waiting).
  • Taking the kids to Disneyland and living the fun through them (being 7 1/2 months pregnant).
  • Being pregnant for the greater part of the year, and enjoying the short time I had with my precious, active-in-utero little girl.
  • The countless trips and events when we got to see family.

Here's to a happy and even better 2009! This is our Christmas card, for those of you who didn't get one in the mail (due to lack of addresses, etc.). Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

hales said...

You're so good to focus on the good things of 2008; I have been thinking about how 2009 can't help but be better. It's so easy to let one or two sad experiences overshadow all the good that happened. Thanks for the reminder. And Merry Christmas! Can't wait until you get here.

Jana said...

Such a cute christmas card! You look great!

p.s. What's your e-mail address? I have the cutest picture of Tyler and Emma with their friends at the ward Christmas party I want to send to you!

Lisa R.D. said...

I loved your Christmas picture... (I was just there!) and your recap of the 2008 highlights.

Gary and Michelle said...

In every year there are good times and bad. Your focus is in the right place.

We are going to Emma's band concert tonight. (She plays the flute.) I still can't believe she is growing up so fast. Love ya!

Stefanie said...

Merry Christmas Cheri! Your family is so cute, I hope you have a great 2009.

Natalie N said...

How great to stop and enjoy the positive things of 2008. I love this family picture. You look awesome!

Jamie said...

Hey I was just trying to comment on the post about Emma cutting her hair, but alas the post is gone. So funny that she cries and confesses. None of my children have done that so far. Oh, there's crying alright but not for feeling bad for mistakes, mostly for being misunderstood--naturally, its always my fault.