Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On the flip side

I think Spencer feels a little dumped on after my last post, which I assured him was all about ME and how I need to just deal with MY pet peeves. So, to make up for it, I'll tell you all what I have appreciated most about him lately: not once after we lost our baby did he ever say anything that made me feel guilty or that I might have been even the slightest bit responsible. If our roles had been flipped, I can see myself asking something like Well, when was the last time you felt movement?? He never said any such thing. Not only did he not say dumb things, but he said all the right things. He protected me in so many ways until I was ready to jump back into life.I know that tragedies often cause stress in marriages, and our tragedy has just brought us closer together, mostly because of him and his sympathy and his compassion. So, I can surely deal with an un-cleared microwave timer for the rest of my life - that's easy.

3 comments:

hales said...

Spencer . . . you ROCK!

Becke said...

Wow, just reading this makes me cry and think, Spencer, you are so wise as a man and a husband. Thanks for taking care of my sweet niece and being there for her.

Natalie N said...

Two thumbs up for Spencer. This was a sweet post for him, Cheri. He is a kind and sympathetic person, and I'm so glad you guys have each other!