Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blog Book

After 3 1/2 weeks of printing and a week of being lost at my local post office, my blog book arrived on Thursday. There have been a lot of people asking me about where to get blog books printed. It's a little tricky to find a good place. If you want more specific info than what I provide, let me know. I also know of a new website that is launching their blog-to-book features in about a month, and I'm really excited about the features of this site.

I LOVE how this turned out. Since I started my blog about 18 months ago, I printed the entire 18 months. I think I'll do one for every 2 years from now on. It's a flat rate for a certain amount of pages, and then a small fee for every additional page. Mine is about 90 pages and I paid $46. It's hard-bound with personalized and customizable front and back covers. I am not going to show too much of it because there's lots of personal info, but it's really cute and I'm happy with it. The one thing I don't like is that sometimes the captions don't match up with the pictures like how they do on my actual blog.

How's this for an easy way to do family history?



9 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so cool! What a great idea. I might have to get some more details in a few months when I've actually blogged enough to print a book.

Camille said...

I love it and I'm so glad the post office didn't completely lose it!

Britney and Jaron said...

That is so cool! Now that I know there is such a thing I am going to try and blog more so I can make a book. I'm terrible at writing in my journal so I guess this can totally count! When I have more blogs I will have to get more info from you.

Janene said...

Looks really nice! Maybe my blogging can be not such a waste of time, after all?... :o)

Misty said...

I'm definitely interested in more details. I've been trying to figure out where to send it...but then there's always the fact that someone is going to be printing it and have access to all of our information!

Sarah said...

Cheri! What a great idea. I was wondering if there was something out there like this. I know I write so many things on my blog already that I'd rather just print off than write again. I'll have to get the info from you

Janalee said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm so glad to know that. Thinking of you guys...

little mrs w said...

Wow, that is smart, I will need to do that eventually with mine. Especially my poetry blog!! :D

Jamie said...

really great idea. I write a lot differently on the blog than in my journal plus the pictures would make a book much more interesting. I'm thinking I could probably forget scrapbooking all together.