Thursday, April 3, 2008

Crawling Out

Today I pulled my hair out of its 4-day ponytail (and then put it back up), and stepped outside for the first time since Sunday. I've been plagued with that awful chest cold/cough/flu? that seems inevitable at this point. Bless you, government, and the jury duty that goes along with it; this has been an easy week for Spencer so he has picked up all of my slack, even teaching part of joy school as I sacked out on the couch amidst crazy children running rampant. (I shouldn't really sing his praises though, as he has just jetted off to Utah for a long weekend.)
Realizing that I needed to get OUT, I figured I could manage a venture to the grocery store for some fruit, and to Target for activities for the kiddos to do during conference. At first it was wonderful to be out...73 degree weather, spring showing itself in many new, beautiful ways, fresh air... We got to Target and hurried through; I only had to say no about 50 times to the Can I have ___ question. Then at Safeway we lost all control. Tyler wouldn't ride in the cart, which isn't unusual, so he followed me around bawling, wanting to be held. Then I didn't have my membership card so I had to pay "full price" for all my fruits. We survived. I got home and have become re-acquainted with having my face in the toilet. It just gets better...

6 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa R.D. said...

Oh... weeks like that make you want to take some time off from being a mommy. Sorry you're on your own this weekend... it would have been fun to see you, but I know you guys were just here a few weeks ago. Hope you survive the weekend and feel much better soon!

breanna said...

i hope you're feeling better! i've also had a 4-day ponytail, well add a few more days, and i'm not even sick-at least you have an excuse!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well--hope it has passed and you can enjoy your weekend with the kiddos.

Janene said...

holy smokes! I'm so sorry. Hope it's getting better!!

Natalie N said...

Hey you! Too bad about your rough experience out and about. Hopefully you're feeling good again.

Just FYI--I'm surprised Safeway didn't let you type in your phone number to get the discount. Did you know that you can just take your receipt to the customer service counter and tell them what happened? They are so cool like that. I'm totally lame, but one time the onions were on sale and they charged me the full price. I took my receipt to the counter and told them that I was supposed to get the sale price. They gave me the difference in cash right there on the spot--no questions asked. The embarrassing part is that the difference was like 25 cents, but hey, it's the principle of the matter, right?! Go get 'em girl!