Sunday, April 20, 2008

Phew

We're (sorta) moved in! We loaded and unloaded a 22-foot truck TWICE. No, I don't have a clue how we keep accumulating so much stuff. Two highlights from this weekend:

*When we showed the kids the new house and their rooms with all their things moved in, Emma went right to work as the decorator that she is. The mini Martha found her picture of the temple and hung it up on her wall (with tape, haha). Then she picked a bunch of flowers from the backyard (here she goes!) and put them in vases for the dining room table. Love that girl. Below is a picture of her work.

*Tyler woke up from his nap on Saturday and was a little disoriented in his brand new house. He found me and asked where his daddy was. I told him he was in the living room. A minute later, Tyler asked me again. Slightly annoyed I said, "He's in the living room!" The poor boy responded with "But where IS the living room? I can't find it!"

A few times this weekend I was close to tears because of all those who made this move incredibly easy (especially those who watched my kids for hours and hours). Our ward is amazing and while 12+ guys loaded and unloaded, vacuumed, and found every Hot Wheel car in the backyard to take to the new house, our Bishop and his wife (and my VT) packed up my kitchen and got rid of the piles of miscellaneous items. How often does that ever happen? Other friends had us over for dinner on Sunday (and still others offered to have us over for dinner). I'd love to say we could handle doing it again in another year...but I can't. If we can stay put here for more than a year it will be a record for us. Here is a picture of our family room:

And here is a picture that makes me smile every time I see it. Emma had climbed into Tyler's bed (they're even in separate rooms!) one night; I guess she got lonely. Sorry for the undies shot, but I think the leg on top of him speaks volumes about their relationship. Classic. Gosh I love those two. Life is never boring, even when they're asleep.

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

So glad to hear things went so well with the move. I hate moving but it helps when you have such a wonderful ward.

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Your family room looks so inviting! I always wished someone would help me move. I have tried to be that someone in other's lives, just because I know what would have helped me. I am glad that you are so blessed. It makes the gospel of Jesus Christ so much easier to understand when there are Christlike people in your life.

Love you!

Lisa R.D. said...

It's so nice that so many people were so helpful. Moving is such a yucky, long process. Your home looks beautiful (at least the family room!) and I love that you have all those beautiful flowers right in your backyard so that Emma can let the Martha in her come out. Good luck getting all the way settled!

Janene said...

Glad to see the pictures and that you're getting settled. I love visiting the sleeping kids, it's my favorite part of the bedtime routine.