Friday, March 14, 2008

Looking Up

Can I say how nice it is to have a camera after over three weeks of going without?? There were several times over the last few weeks when my kids (mostly Emma) would say "Take a picture of me!" as they were doing something silly, or doing something they considered picture-worthy. I got a "new" camera today (same model; my last one was un-fixable, so they just sent a new one) and I had to take a few pictures of some things I really felt my camera had missed out on. This is one:



Update: It turns out Tyler had hives (?) last weekend and the only thing I can think of that caused his rash/bumps was some strawberries he ate. I've heard that people can often become "temporarily allergic" to strawberries; the "temporary" part makes sense because he's eaten them a ton before. I'm tempted to give them to him again and see what happens, but I'm not quite willing to go there. He was cute about it; he called the red bumps his "spots" and emphatically declared, quite often, "My spots are going away!" Such a positive little bugger, as they totally didn't go away for a few days.

Update: Spencer's car has been fixed already and we think Geico is great (the lady who hit him has Geico, not us, but they sure were prompt). He picks it up tomorrow. Every time we're in a parking lot now, Emma asks if we're going to get hit. Poor girl.


Other than our cala lilies outside, we have lots of other things blooming. Our cherry blossoms bloomed at the end of February (I find that so funny, because Washington DC's cherry blossoms bloom about a month from now), and there are lots of colorful things popping out of my dead-looking plants. Spring is such a wonderful, refreshing, colorful time of year - I just love it.


I'd better hit the sack. Spencer and I are speaking at Youth Conference tomorrow and I've been working on our presentation all week. We're really excited about it, but I'm also a little nervous!! I think a bunch of teenagers can be pretty intimidating.

7 comments:

Dad said...

At least she didn't say she wanted to invite BOYS to the dinner party. :-)

Lisa R.D. said...

I love your new banner and title, so fun. That is a beautiful picture (and layout) of the cala lily. If I haven't expressed it clearly enough before, I'm so jealous of your weather and plants and ability to wear flip flops year round. It is snowing here, again! Glad things are getting sorted out... and I'm sure you did GREAT at Youth Conference!

Driel said...

That would be hard to go without a camera for 3 weeks! How did your presentation go?

Driel said...

That would be hard to go without a camera for 3 weeks! How did your presentation go?

Cheri said...

Youth conference went ok in the end...but it was hard for these teenagers to sit in a hot room after they'd been up since 4:30 doing baptisms. We had fun though!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

What was your topic for the Youth Conference?

The Calla lily picture is so beautiful!

Poor Emma! I remember after my accident here in Milford, that I avoided driving in the same area for about two years. If I had to go that direction I came around from the other side, adding about five minutes to the drive, just to avoid getting hit. The police officer that came to see me here at the house, after I got home from the hospital, told me that the accident I had usually resulted in a fatality. Not reassuring!

I need to use my camera more. I am not a camera person.

Natalie N said...

Beautiful picture! How great that you have your camera back. YAY!
How did the talks go? I'm sure it was wonderful!
Oh, I just read this on the side: "can I hatch the eggs in the bowl?" TOO funny!!