Tuesday, March 18, 2008

THE HUNT, and then some...

I'm kinda getting sick of the computer (does that ever happen to you?). So I'm going to post a bunch of stuff at once and then be done for a few days. First, we've had a few people interested in what we did for Youth Conference. Our topic was "Your roadmap to the temple, starting with today." So...that involves pretty much everything these kids experience. We took the roadmap aspect literally, and used roadsigns as the analogies. For example, NO HITCH HIKING represents choosing friends (don't "pick up" someone who is dangerous or who will be a bad influence). Lots of them were pretty easy; others were a little harder. I think it went well and we had a great time. Spencer was totally in his element; me...not so much. But I did do all the work. Here's a picture of our visual:



I got the kids' Spring pictures back. I love getting their pictures taken in their Easter clothes. They both did so great and knew if they smiled really nicely they would get a prize. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I wanted to consolidate all 5 pictures so I made a quick layout. I'm obviously biased but I sure think they're cute.



Lastly, we had Easter Egg Hunt #1 last night, on St. Patrick's Day, funny enough (was it just me, or was St. P's day totally overlooked this year?). Some friends had us over; Tyler was, as always, the only boy, so there were a few sports-themed eggs. Emma made sure he got all of those; I don't know if he picked one egg up himself. And of course it's hard to get good pictures since the kids are so preoccupied with the eggs - yeah right they want to smile for a picture! (these were taken when all eggs were claimed). Happy Easter!


5 comments:

hales said...

Can't wait to get the "hard copies" of the pictures. Cute kids!

Lisa R.D. said...

I love your poster--it sounds like such a great talk, good job. If I ever get a chance to use your theme, do you care if I steal it? Your kids are too cute, great pictures of them and great layout, I'm loving the flowers on it and your blog (I'm so impressed that you just put that together!).

heidi said...

Adorable pictures! And it looks like you did a great job with Youth Conference. How fun! Happy Easter.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Very creative way to present your topic for Youth Conference--I bet the youth enjoyed it! Glad you have a camera back too.

Natalie N said...

Nice work on the talk. Sounded like a a great success!
Cute Easter pictures! How nice to have kids that actually smile for the camera! :)