Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bad things come in 3's (?)

Man, we've had rotten luck the last two days. The good news is hopefully the "bad" is done! Ever since I've been married to Spencer, he's frequently told me that bad things come in three's, and so when we hit our third bad thing, everything seems to get better, even if it actually doesn't.

We got some bad news about our house. So, we get to move again! Sure, why not? Why would we ever get to live somewhere for more than a year? I mean, why change our record now? This will be move #9 in the exactly 5 1/2 years of marriage. Thankfully (and hopefully), this will be a pretty "easy" move - at least we're not moving across the country again. Anything is easier than doing that again.

Tyler woke up today with a mysterious bumpy rash. Boy, wouldn't it be nice to have a camera to post his terrible redness, so I could get some advice on here? Yeah, that really would be convenient. But alas, our camera has been in the repair shop for two weeks with STILL no word on it. Lovely. Here's to hoping his bumpy rash is nothing and goes away soon.

Last, Spencer's beloved car got hit today. And of course we were all in it (we took it to Costco since we needed to get gas...can you believe gas is $3.60 here???). It was a minor hit (someone backed into us) with minor damage, but poor sweet Emma was traumatized and through her tears was so worried about the actual car. "Daddy's car is RUINED!" I told her we can get it fixed and it will be just fine soon. We're lucky it wasn't too bad. At least not this time. After about 3 near-hits a week (ALWAYS the other people's fault), it was about time someone finally did it.

So, we're now of the mindset that things will look up. I mean, no one ever says that bad things come in four's, do they? I sure hope not - I don't know much else we can take this weekend. And here's to hoping we get our camera back this next week!

*After this entry, I changed my blog title to reflect the positivity I'm trying to achieve! Hope it works! :)

9 comments:

hales said...

No, they come in sixes. (just kidding.)

Laura H. said...

Emma is so cute! It must be so hard where she understands so much, but doesn't quite see the big picture with these things. Remember when we were young and every time dad was 10 minutes late coming home we were nervous that he got in an accident?

Lisa R.D. said...

So sorry that you've had such a rough weekend--but glad that your accident wasn't serious. Hopefully Emma will recover soon and not worry so much about things... it IS hard when your little ones understand enough to know what's not good, but not enough to get it in the grand scheme of it all. Mysterious bumpy rash--my suggestion is always 1% hydrocortisone cream, and if that doesn't clear it up in a couple of days, call the doctor. Maybe your move will bring to to a house or apartment that is better in some way... here's hoping!

Lisa R.D. said...

So sorry that you've had such a rough weekend--but glad that your accident wasn't serious. Hopefully Emma will recover soon and not worry so much about things... it IS hard when your little ones understand enough to know what's not good, but not enough to get it in the grand scheme of it all. Mysterious bumpy rash--my suggestion is always 1% hydrocortisone cream, and if that doesn't clear it up in a couple of days, call the doctor. Maybe your move will bring to to a house or apartment that is better in some way... here's hoping!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Man, life should be looking up after all that. So why do you have to move again?

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I hate it when other's choices have to impact my life. Cars are so expensive and such an extension of us. I am glad that it was minor! Cute little Emma--she is such a soft-hearted girl. Good luck! Have you located a new place? Aren't the children's best friends just across the street?

Janene said...

so, would it be a bad thing if I asked you to do my scrapbooking for me? :o)

I'm so sorry about all of the big messes and changes! I hope it all works out as best it can.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

No wonder I thought the background looked cute last night when I was trying out different ones to change it again on my blog--I guess I've seen it before! Sorry, didn't mean to copy--I guess a sincere form of flattery to you.

Natalie N said...

Oh man. What a bummer about Spencer's car! Emma's reaction is classic. She really is all girl, huh?

Move #9?!?! How daunting is that? Hopefully this move will force you guys to move up our way. :) Keep us posted on where you'll be moving, and good luck with the packing and all. I'm sad for you guys that you're leaving that darling home. :(