Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tyler time

I have finally found a time of day when it is (usually) just me and Tyler. I love Emma, but we're together a lot since Tyler takes naps. I've started putting Emma to bed "early" - at about 7:45 - and then I have 15 minutes with just Tyler. It's amazing; once Emma is asleep he calms right down. No more screaming, whining, running like a madman. He'll sit with me on the couch and snuggle up with his lumpy pillow. And he'll just let me hold him. I love it! And no, I don't wait anxiously for 8:00 to roll around so I can get him off to bed. I usually have to force myself up off the couch to take him to bed.

I find it almost humorous that I used to HAVE to hold this little boy (so he wouldn't cry), and almost resented it. Now, every second he'll let me hold him is just precious. And hopefully I'll get at least 15 minutes every night...until he gives up naps anyway.

2 comments:

Janene said...

What a treasure. When either of my kids are acting crazy, sometimes they just need some one-on-one. I never regret it.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Great to get the x-mas card in the mail and link! I can't believe how big your kids are these days. Of course I am a sucker for your little red headed Tyler--such a cutie. We are at jrmegmeadowsfamily.blogspot.com. It is interviewing season for us and then to Utah for a visit for the holidays. Hope all is great in Cali!