Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sleepwalker?

OK, so I'm new to this idea of sleepwalking...but I don't know what to do about it. Emma, I believe, is sleepwalking. She gets up and wanders (totally unaware) several times at night. Last night I put her to bed at 7:30. At 8:00, as I was sitting at the desk, she came and sat on my lap, still asleep. I took her back to bed and she didn't even flinch. Then, at 9:00 while Spencer and I were watching some lame Christmas movie ("Holiday in Handcuffs"), she walked into the living room and instantly was asleep on the loveseat. We found that pretty humorous, and took her back to bed again. Then, at 11:00 as we were headed off to bed, Emma was sound asleep on Spencer's side of the bed. He joked that his side was now warm (while he took her back to bed again) but I was a little worried. Is this normal? She's done this for the last 3 weeks, every night, but it's gotten progressively more frequent. Usually she ends up in our bed so it wakes me up, and with Tyler also wandering all night long, wide awake, we're not getting a whole lot of sleep. Is this sleep walking, or something else? I guess it wouldn't surprise me too much since Spencer did it as a kid (so I've heard) but I feel the need to cure her of it, mostly for my sanity. I'd appreciate any advice or opinions...

5 comments:

Dad said...

Locks on the outside of their bedroom doors.

Cheri said...

Do you want to volunteer to do that? ;)

Janene said...

hmmmm.... sounds like her daddy's girl! :o) Hopefully just a phase!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

It sure does make for a funny story though! At least you will have some great stories to tell/blackmail with when she is older.

Kathy said...

As Spencer's mother, I can say that 'yes' he would wake-up, but not really be awake. I think that his mind was 'thinking' and his body just was trying to keep up with his brain. I guess there are downsides to being a 'brainiac.'