Sunday, December 16, 2007

Some Christmas Cheer

Since we have very little in the way of "physical proof" that it's Christmastime (other than in stores/malls/our house), we took the kids to Christmas in the Park last night. Hundreds of real trees, still stuck in the ground even, are decorated by groups of people and classrooms. Our favorite was the Peter Pan tree, complete with the alligator and Captain Hook! We also let the kids ride the carousel but Tyler is suddenly a wuss and opted to sit on the bench. And of course it wouldn't be an event if one of the children didn't throw a fit and have to be physically removed, kicking and screaming, from the festivities a bit early...


I also took some pictures of a few of my favorite Christmas tree ornaments. This first one is our family ornament for this year, given to us by my mom. It says "Like four peas in a pod." I love it.

This flip flop is made of real sand and I got it in Hawaii at the PCC. It's fun because of my flip flop fetish, and also because we visited there this past October.



Our Boston Red Sox ornament...this will always have a special place with me. I bought it on ebay after they won the World Series this year (and earned us some free furniture...there is a previous blog post about that). Besides, we miss Boston after living there 2 1/2 years! Well, we don't miss it right now, during a Nor'easter...

And lastly, here are Emma's and Tyler's ornaments from last year - my two little angels. They get a new ornament every year. Well, just don't ask me where this year's ornaments are...I bought them really cheap after Christmas last year and can't find them since we moved. Bummer! Emma's was a dancing princess and Tyler's was Bob the Builder. I'll have to keep looking...


On a separate topic, I walked outside yesterday and noticed that one of our trees (plants) is in full bloom! We have these beautiful pink flowers everywhere! In December!! And I didn't even know about them previously. Also, we have an orange tree that is starting to get pretty colorful. How cool; I love that things bloom and grow here, even in winter! Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

Kim Walker said...

Hey Spencer!
Wow, I was wondering what you guys were up to! I'm so glad that I found your blog through Natalie's. Are you guys still out east in Boston? That's the last place I knew you lived. We are in Morgantown, WV and Derrel is in Med school here in his second year. He is also doing a PhD so we'll be here for about 7-8 years and then residency. What are you guys up to? Check out our blog sometime:
www.wvwalkers.blogspot.com
We'd love to hear from you!
Kim and Derrel Walker

Lisa R.D. said...

Cheri--your blog is so much fun. I love the pictures of your ornaments, that is such a fun tradition to have. The "Four Peas" one is especially cute! It's so fun to get to know you better and keep up with you through your blog!

Lisa