Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A good reminder...

I feel like I need to make this list because the last few days have been so frustrating for me with my kids. I'm sure it's entirely my fault that I'm so irritable - mostly becuase I've been so busy with party planning, editing, Christmas things, etc., and the little ones are lacking some serious attention. I like to think of their most unique and special qualities so I can remember them when I'm about to pull my hair out and scream at the top of my lungs. And since I'm too lazy to pull out their baby books, here goes...


Tyler:
*He can run fast but pumps his arms, intentionally, SO much faster.
*How he grabs my face and makes me look at him if I'm not giving him enough attention.
*How he sweetly asks me to change his "diapie."
*He loves to hold my hand and even lace his tiny fingers between mine. *He sings all the words to about 5 or 6 songs -LOUD- and while he canNOT carry a tune, his voice is still like music to my ears.
*His infectious grin. He started smiling at 3 weeks old and still only stops smiling to cry.
*His red hair. I still can't figure out it's origin, but it sure looks good on him.



Emma:
*Her incredible memory. It's simply amazing.
*Her huge grin when she "taps" me on my shoulder...just to see my reaction.
*How the other joy school moms tell me how smart and well-behaved she is.
*She is such the motherly type - it's just IN her. I can't wait for her to have her own children someday.
*She LOVES salad (hooray). She can eat more Caesar Salad than any adult I've met - it's like candy.

3 comments:

Janene said...

Sweet kids! It was really fun to spend some time with them, but these insights are much more telling, from the person who knows them best.

Dad said...

I miss them!

breanna said...

i'm serious! our kids are clones! elijah even has a lot of red hair? hello? we both have brown. maybe the grin/cry thing comes with the red hair?!