Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Lessons

I learned some valuable lessons this Christmas, and I'd like to share:

  1. When shopping for your husband, cover your tracks; husbands are into snooping, and then the surprise is pretty much a non-surprise. And don't just "cover" your tracks...destroy all evidence! Husbands are getting better and better (aka sneakier). Sheesh.

  2. Santa must be getting forgetful in his old age. Santa needs to keep better track of his own list and check it twice, so that the kids don't have to get another small set of presents upon returning home. Thank goodness they're still young enough to not figure out all the details...

  3. Grandparents always give the best gifts. And that's ok with me. They have more practice.

  4. All the romanticism about having a White Christmas is baloney; after having plenty of white christmases, I still maintain that absolutely nothing can top a 72 degree, sunny Christmas day.

  5. Kids who are 2 and 3 don't count presents. If they get one cool thing, they're thrilled. If they get 10, they pretend to care and then go back to that one cool thing! I must remember this in the future, and save my money and time.

  6. Tyler, when he is sick, is a monster. Don't say hi to him, don't play with him, don't touch him, don't look at him. He'll bite your head off. And when Tyler is a monster, so am I.
Christmas was fun as always. It's ten times more fun with my kids at the ages they are. I got my very first real pedicure (my eyes have been opened!) as well as a Cricut cutting machine. Spencer got the GPS he knew he was getting (snoop), and the kids had more fun than they could handle. My parents gave Tyler a remote control Hummer...or, did they give it to Spencer? At any rate, it was a big hit, and both my boys are thrilled with that gift. Emma got a Disney Princess scooter and tons of coloring stuff (she's my artist).


On Christmas Eve, in keeping with tradition, went to the beach to play in the sand dunes. It was one of the most clear, beautiful days I can remember (and I grew up there!). It was nice to feel the sun so warm and watch the smooth, calm ocean. I got some great pictures of my handsome boys. They're my favorite pictures from the trip.


I realize there are hardly ever any pictures of me since I'm always taking them. Oh well.

3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Thanks for your great insights--I learned that even FOUR year olds don't count gifts. When do they start?

So excited for you about your pedicure--I think all women should get them regularly (if only we were all independently wealthy, right?). You'll love your Cricut machine--and you'll get lots of good use out of it.

Merry Christmas!

Ellice said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday. Your new year resolutions look great... good luck :).

We just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Your kids are adorable! We love checking the blog and keeping in touch. -- Love, the Texas Wirthlins :)

Natalie N said...

How fun! Whitney got the same scooter for Christmas. We should have them ride theirs together sometime.