Wednesday, August 7, 2013

winding down

Geez, just 3 weeks left of summer!

Last week we drove to SoCal to see my parents and to leave one of our kids there for a special visit. I would have gone alone but Sadie is still too hard in the car so Spencer drove with us and worked from there. We went swimming and went to the beach. Going to the beach there gives me such an appreciation for clean, warm, nice beaches.

Spencer boogie boarded with the kids for hours!



One mental picture I will have for a long time is Tanner being SO brave and going out pretty far. He even took a quick turn on the boogie board.

Tyler got brave this year too and was in the water for a long time. But once he was done he was DONE.

Sadie and I hung out and she crawled around in the sand (and ate some). She also got her turn in the water. She didn't hate it.


As we were leaving on Sunday, and were leaving Tyler, he got a little anxiety about being homesick. He is my homebody. So we decided to let Emma stay. Win-win (for THEM! Not ME!)

So I'm at home with the little kids, missing the help of my big kids. I'm sure they're loving it, though Emma did admit she misses Tanner and Sadie. Can't wait to have them back.

2 comments:

Carly said...

That last picture is adorable!!!! Miss those kids.

GHFamily said...

How fun for Tyler and Emma to stay in RB.