Wednesday, September 1, 2010

i blinked

Will someone please tell me when we became old fogies? Old enough to have two kids in school? Now I can't stop thinking about how soon college will be here... (Emma was taking the picture.)

Someone else please tell me when I became so emotional! I cried the whole walk home! Thankfully, Spencer came with us this year and was able to console a sulking wife as we pushed Tanner home in the stroller. Thank goodness for Tanner.

At least this boy will still blow me kisses while my heart is breaking a little bit. When I picked him up he told me about all the kids who "didn't keep the rules." He is SO Spencer's child.


And this girl...she asked me if she could be shy the first day. Haha. Check out her wardrobe. That's her grandma's influence.
How many days until summer break?

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Ha!! I know exactly how you feel! It isn't my age that makes me feel old but my kids ages. Plus once your kids start school, it's like you're in a whole different phase now. Your life now revolves around the school schedule. I can't believe Emma and Makenzie are gone all day now. That makes me sad :(

Carly said...

Tyler looks OLD in that picture!! No wonder you cried!!

hales said...

Why isn't she showing her awesome pink leopard-print backpack? She's a fashionista, baby!

Grandpa said...

I think the "Law and Order" trait comes from his mother. Trust me.

Misty said...

crazy! doesn't it feel like we just stop in time at some point and don't age and then something happens that makes us realize how old we are? Your kids are darling! Glad Spencer was there to pick up the pieces! =)

Rachel said...

First of all, Emma did a great job taking that picture. Way to go Emma! I wish we lived closer so that I could get to know your kids. It is crazy how fast time flies. I hope your kids have a great year.

Natalie N said...

Love the first day of school pics! I love that Tyler is such a rule boy. And Emma asking to be shy?! So awesome. Cute kids!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Tyler is such a stud! I love how he is just so proudly standing! And of course, as always, Emma is stunning as ever...maybe because she is wearing wild colors...my favorite!