Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Class of 2022

Perhaps the most cliche thing I could possibly blog about would be preschool graduation. But...I'm going to do it anyway. You only graduate once, right? (I wish.)

Poor Emma, I guess, wasn't prepared for what "graduation" was. I guess I should have explained what was happening, instead of quickly pinning a hat onto her head and wrapping a "gown" around her. It all made her so nervous. She was still beautiful and cute and sweet, and I nearly cried. Nearly. I know I will blink and she will be graduating from high school.

Emma is not a nail-biter. But, she was biting her nails! I tried to give her the evil eye but she wouldn't look at me.
biting nails

Finally got a little bit of a smile...
little smile

They put on a cute program with a few songs and even used their kazoos for part of the song. Awww.
kazoo

Then it was time to graduate and receive her "diploma." Oh man, she was so embarrassed. Her teacher, Miss Darlene, was just so sweet. They had a sort of grandparent/grandchild relationship (besides the fact that she DOES look like Emma's great-grandma.)
graduating

Here's the "graduate." And her proud parents.
cheri and emma 1

spencer and emma
Spencer figured out that he'll be 42 when she graduates from high school. I will be...a little younger than 42.

Let her eat cake! She was so glad to be out of all that garb.
eating cake

6 comments:

Dad said...

Is that Emma's father's white shirt she is wearing? Too cute to make a remark.

I am "blinking" thinking about the whole thing.

hales said...

A kazoo and cake. Life is good.

Lisa R.D. said...

What a beautiful little graduate (and her parents look smashing too). I feel the same way you do about being a cliche mom posting about stuff like this, but it must be done :).

Natalie N said...

You are so funny calling this a typical "mom-blog" post. Who cares? I love it, and this is a great thing to document!! :) How funny that Emma started biting her nails during the ceremony. I loved the pictures. Everyone looks great!

Brett & Katie Johnson said...

Congrats!! I did the blinking thing too during Jacob's "graduation". I have been out of town and was behind on your blog. Can you come and decorate my house? I have clutter too, and am still not trying to accept that as my life. Maybe I just need to embrace it as well.

Braden said...

most people hate those nasty gowns! i did!