Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A boy after my own heart

Sometimes I look at one of my children and feel little swells of pride. Know what I mean?

Right now, I'm lovin' this boy.
The "little camera" has become the "kids' camera." They can use it as long as I'm supervising. I want them to recognize beauty or originality, and I want them to document what they find special and interesting. Tyler recently discovered how fun it is to take pictures of someone who is taking pictures of you. I guess I discovered that fun too. We had a little "shoot-out."When I go through the pictures stored on the kids' camera, I sometimes roll my eyes and go crazy with the delete button. These images made me pause. Really, have you seen cuter (or dirtier) toes? (Maybe the scissors were the focus.)

Love the use of the rule of thirds.

These pictures are treasures.

Watch out photography world. This little kid is on his way.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Cheri!! I'm so glad you found me and commented on my blog! It's been awhile. I look forward to keeping in touch with you. Your kids are adorable. Emma just graduated from preschool!! It seems like not that long ago that you were pregnant with her.

Oh and I love the decor that you've done in your house. Do you want to come to mine and decorate?? :)

hales said...

What a cute little kid.

Kristina and Tyson said...

He is pretty good at takin' pics! Cute Tyler! I cant' believe how big Emma is getting...all graduating from preschool and all!!!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Cute kid. I always liked him, even though I tried to ditch the comfort blanket on a dark, rainy and cold night. (Wait, is there any other kind of night in Massachusetts?) That is so wonderful that you have taught them how to take pictures!