Monday, May 18, 2009

what's up with...

...an acquaintance asking me if I was too old to have any more kids?! Ouch!
(however, I was too embarrassed to say how young I actually am. I can't win!)

...stores having drastically different sizing, to the point where I actually fit into a size 4 of one brand at Target, then had to go up to a size 10 in another brand?! Build me up, then tear me down! (When I was 19 I worked at one store in the mall for two months where they purposely sized their clothing to make people feel skinny and good about themselves. There, I wore a size 0 - uh, pretty sure I've NEVER been a size 0 - and their marketing strategy paid off. I loved it!) *Can you guess which store this was?

...wild and crazy weather? 96 degrees two days in a row, and then 65 degrees, and then hot again? Gotta love SPRING. (Or global warming, right?)

...all the daylight? Man oh man, I LOVE daylight but it's completely throwing me off about now. Is it really getting light in the 4 am hour? Then suddenly it's 5 pm and I'm scrambling to decide what to make for dinner, thinking it's 3:00. Oh how I love summer.

8 comments:

The Rich Family said...

NY & Co. always makes me feel good. Is that the answer to your ??? I love going in and getting a size 4. I have never been a 4 in my whole life except in there. HEE HEE HEEE

Gary and Michelle said...

OK, for sure, you need to share the name of this store. I could always use a boost in the size department. I haven't seen a 4 since I was 16 and that was back when I was shaped like a boy. :)

Janene said...

what's worse is when a complete stranger asks about your family plans. At toys r us... "so, are you going to try for a girl?" (uh, hi. have we met?)

westoverwhatnots said...

Go vote "NO" on all those propositions!

Kim said...

That sure is interesting about your acquaintance! Don't know that I'd have the grace to get through that! :)
Oh, and please do share the name of that store. I know of some stores that have done that in the past, but I can't remember any specific names.

Cody and Meg said...

Hey Cheri! I was just thinking that I don't ever think I told you thank you for giving me that website for that photography class! That was very nice of you. Have you looked into one we could take together? BTW I read your blog all the time and feel like I am getting to know you really well. :) You have such a great way of expressing yourself and the feelings you have for your sweet baby.

Oh BTW what is your last name?

Natalie N said...

Ha ha! I loved all of these "what's up with..." thoughts. You're right on. The CA state tax is totally buggin us right now too. We purposely stocked up on items while we were in Utah so we could feel like we were revolting against our state's sales tax. Of course, CA could care less, but it was my little way of rebelling against this out of control state. ;)

Cheri said...

OK, so I'm going to sheepishly admit the the store is Abercrombie & Fitch. In my defense, all the scandalous garbage with that place came out RIGHT after I had quit. They even told us as employees to never approach customers to see if they needed help; the store wanted the snobby image where the customers would have to come to us if they wanted anything. I didn't last long there - it was too much against what I was. But...wearing a size 0 sure made me feel good! Try it out sometime, and see if they still do that with sizing. If you dare go into that store in the first place...