Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thank you

Dear Friend,

I don't know which of my friends you are, and gratefully I have unlimited guesses. Thank you for leaving a surprise for me at the cemetery. As we pulled around the turn and I saw something sitting there, I perked up a little. Thank you for leaving tulips, as they are such happy and beautiful flowers. Thank you for leaving a Mother's Day card, even though you chose not to sign it. Thanks for brightening the otherwise somber "Babyland" section of the cemetery. Thanks for thinking of ME when I know that, whoever you are, you had your own family and mom to think of today.

From,
Me

Cell phone picture, with some intentional blurring.

And to my wonderful mom, thanks for being a great mom and a fabulous grandma, to all 3 of my kids.

8 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

That's so beautiful and sweet! Happy Mother's Day and thanks for the wonderful example you set as a mother.

hales said...

Ahhh. You are SO welcome. You are so easy to love.

Misty said...

That's very kind! I'm glad you have friends like that out there!

The Reichmans said...

That is so wonderful and thoughtful that someone did that for you on a day that I am sure was difficult. I love reading stories about great things people do. I hope you had a good mother's day-you seem like such an amazing mother:)

Gary and Michelle said...

Some people really struggle with Mother's Day. I find it one of the happiest days, for many different reasons.

Valasi Satini said...

How nice! Happy Mothers Day Cheri. You look so beautiful!!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

So very sweet. Happy Mother's Day.

Natalie N said...

What a beautiful picture, and what a kind and thoughtful friend. Whoever she is--she's inspiring, as are you Cheri. Keep smiling. You look so great!