Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So normal

I remember having one baby and one baby/toddler. Changing 18 diapers a day was my life, and was so normal. Here I am today:

-Woken up by a happy 3 year old telling me what he wants for Christmas. 6:03 a.m.
-Spent 20 minutes digging a pretty blue bead out of that little boy's nostril. His constant sneezing didn't even help. His head lamp came in handy for me. Almost gave up and called the doctor.
-Waited an hour in line to register my other child for kindergarten, only to leave completely frustrated that the line hadn't moved. Need to go back later and try again. Even then, I'm just signing her up to be on the waiting list. Grrr. I'm sick of waiting lists. I even considered private school (for kindgergarten!!) for about 3 minutes. But who has an extra $4000 these days?
-JoAnn, Costco, and Walmart.
-Prepping for YW tonight where I'm teaching the Laurels how to sell on ebay.
-Need to edit a paper...sometime.
-My kids just ran in, naked bums, telling me they're doing the "naked dance." (Don't ask.)
-My house is a mess. I have train tracks running through every bedroom and hallway.
...and it's not even noon. I need chocolate.

Just another day. :)

13 comments:

Kylee said...

Ha ha..don't you love the life of a mom?! Good luck with the kindergarten!

Dad said...

Sounds awesome. I'm going home to an empty house and would trade with you in a second. Don't worry, Mom will be home Saturday. Maybe I should enjoy it, but I would rather be helping Emma and Tyler with the mess. (Making it bigger, or cleaning up!) Sorry I wouldn't be much help with the editing. . .

Laura H. said...

I love how writing down stuff like that just puts it into perspective. It makes it a funny/cute memory instead of something to stress about. And you can tell Tyler that it's ok - I stuck a cherry pit up my nose when I was his age. My mom had to fork out the $75 for the doctor. :)

Valasi Satini said...

I feel you on the mess part. My thing is, I can never keep a room clean. I clean it and 10 minutes later, there are toys everywhere. Oh well I guess I should just enjoy these moments before they grow up and all move away. :)

Gary and Michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Where you accomplish everything and nothing at the same time. I love being a mom!

Anonymous said...

Hope you got your chocolate! It's the cure-all for sure. :)

breanna said...

i feel your school frustrations!! it's ridiculous...i thought these situations were just dramatized for tv! going to school is so easy at home. you go where you live--like wards! not here and sounds like not there either! don't worry naked kids are normal at my house too, but i still can't figure out why!

Jamie said...

I love your dad's comments.

You've gone through the potty training stuff lately with Tyler right? HELP. How could I forget how to do it.

Janene said...

Sounds delightful! The bead searching though.. I would have needed the chocolate right after that. :o)

The Skoobs said...

I can't wait till those days...every day is going to be an adventure!!!!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Jamie seems to be living the same life in a parallel place in Utah. I remember/love/hate those days. I hate lines as well. Ever stood in a line and moved, only to find that the line you jumped from ended up moving faster after you left?

Ashley said...

Awww...I'm looking forward to all the new stages motherhood will bring. I'm enjoying Lila being a baby right now but it'll be so fun to watch her grow up!

Melanie said...

Ha- good thing Santa left that head lamp - He must have known you would need it someday for this :) ha ha.