Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heart Attack

Do you like my front door? Sorta cute, huh? Yeah, kinda...


And here is the other side. I have to tell you, I much prefer this side of the door. We heart attacked it this morning. It's rainy and blah today so after going on a walk and deciding it was wet and cold, we came in decided to make Valentine's. Some of them are...interesting...but I love how it looks. Emma was a huge participant, while Tyler sat on my lap and tried to turn the hearts into airplanes. Typical I guess. This was a fun activity because the three of us had to write down (well, I did the writing) what we love about everyone else on the hearts. I love what they came up with. Tyler wrote, "I love mommy because I like to kiss her." (Boy does he ever.) Emma wanted to make one for Aunt Carly and wrote "I love Carly because she goes to BYU and is going to get me ___ and ___ and ___ for Christmas." Ha! (Sorry Carly, you'd better save your pennies.)

Emma made a couple to take to Macie on Sunday. I don't have the heart (haha, unintended pun) to tell her they'll be destroyed within a day of sitting on her headstone.

Spencer, be thinking about what you'll write on your hearts tonight. :)

5 comments:

Kylee said...

That is such a cute idea! I love all the cute things your kids came up with. We are living in Denver, and my husband has only been with EY for 1.5 years, so he definitely has no flexibility in his hours or when he wants to work them. Oh well...we are just paying our time

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Emma is smart and knows I'll get her whatever she wants. :-) So what are the blanks?

Lisa R.D. said...

What a fun idea!

Gary and Michelle said...

I wish more people were into Valentine's Day like this family. My kids have already made their valentines with grandma Dorothy and are talking about what friend they're going to pick to "knock and run" this year. I love this!

Janene said...

My front door still has a snowman on it! (I'm hoping for more white stuff I guess) Our windows have hearts though :o) This sounds like a good family activity idea!