Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nearing the End

Times seem to be changing around here. We're go go go kind of people - the kids and I like to be busy and be out and about. Today my body finally started to rebel. I had my Dr. appointment (never a lovely experience for me as the weigh-ins make me nervous and I wear light clothing and eat hardly anything the morning of). Then we walked around the city lake - 2 miles. When did briskly walking 2 miles become painful? I think I had one big contraction the whole time. Thankfully, Tyler rode his bike and I didn't have to push anything. Well, anything other than my big belly. Then one of the kids' friends jumped in our car and we headed off to get Emma and her classmate from pre-school. Brought them home, fed them all, tried to clean up (but THAT is even a big chore these days).


Last night I sat on the couch, lower back BURNING, at 8:42 p.m., watching the bumps (elbows? knees? toes?) move across my stomach...wondering where that motivation to go go go has gone. This seems to be getting more typical. Did I feel this way with my previous two pregnancies? Was it always a chore to paint my toenails? Was it always hard to tie my shoes? (Let's be honest, how often do I actually wear shoes?) If I have to sit around and be a lump for however many weeks until I get my body back (and this baby OUT), I might lose my mind. Maybe I'll just walk a brisk one mile instead of two. After all, my weigh-ins are a lot more frequent now. And food is just looking better and better...

7 comments:

Jamie said...

But just think, you won't remember any of this in a few months--okay maybe a year. Just reading about it reminds me of how uncomfortable it all is. It makes me want to lay down and watch TV.

Hang in there. You're doing great!
I'm so glad Tyler is old enough you don't have to carry him everywhere.

Melanie said...

You probably did feel that way with number one and number two. You just don't remember :) We were meant to forget everything or else we might never have more than one- haha. Atleast that's my logic. I feel you though. WE went on a family walk the other night to Tyler's school and back (by my choice) and by the end I couldn't move anymore- my hips,tailbone, feet all hurt. I hear you though on the loss of motivation. I usually am getting project after project done and I still haven't even got my scrapbooking out of the box since we moved here. Talk about slacker :)

Crystal said...

You need another belly picture up here for comparison!

Cheri said...

OK, I'll post one more belly picture in the next couple weeks. :)

Natalie N said...

I hear ya! Those last months of pregnancy are so rough! I forgot about watching the freaky alien-like lumps move across the belly. So fun! You gotta give yourself more credit--2 miles is great! Keep up the good work. You're almost done!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Right there with ya, painting toenails and shaving are too much work these days!

Stefanie said...

Hahaha, I did the same thing with the light clothing and light to no eating before my doctors appt. I hate the scale. Even more after the baby comes out cause then you know what's really left and can't say it's the baby. Good luck and take it easy and relax if you need it.