Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just another year

I think the best thing about my birthday this year was watching the two little ones enjoy it as much (maybe more?) than I did. Tyler couldn't stop fidgeting as he waited for me to open my couple of presents, and Emma made sure I had a crown on my head to do so. I got beautiful roses from Spencer, flowers from some friends, gift cards, candy (Smarties!), and skin care/nail stuff! Also that day, I went to a Thai restaurant with two friends and ate food so good I didn't know if I'd be able to stop (I know I'm not the only one who gets this way). Thai coconut soup is the best! It's just another year but it's so much more fun with cute little people who make it extra special!

9 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I hope you had a great birthday--it sounds like you got to celebrate with lots of people who love you! Add in the fun gifts and flowers and good food, and you're set.

Natalie N said...

Happy birthday! I feel the same way about birthdays...it's the kids that make it fun. Sounds like you had a great one!

Hey, did you and Spencer ever read "Snide Remarks" in the Daily Universe at BYU? I came across this article... http://www.ericdsnider.com/snide/the-nayme-gaimme
...and thought you might get a kick out of it. Happy babynaming! :)

Janene said...

ok, you don't even look pregnant in that picture! Was it taken before the Thai restaurant? :o)

Glad you had a fun day!

Valasi Satini said...

Happy birthday Cheri!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I agree with the above comment--you don't even look pregnant! I get jealous when cute young women don't even get big, ponchy, stomachs!

Congratulations on a fun birthday. Children can make birthdays so much fun. My children go out of their way to make sure that I have the very best, even if they have to make it themselves.

Happy Birthday!

Cheri said...

Everyone:

I love you all but it was the shirt I was wearing and the way I was sitting that makes me look NOT 7 months pregnant. Trust me, if it was later in the day and/or I was standing you would have all asked me how long until I have this kid. :)

Nau Willis said...

happy belated bday cheri!!!!

Kim said...

I don't know Cheri...I have the same shirt (when did you graduate?) and I'm pretty sure it never hid my baby belly. hmmmmm... :) You look great! Happy birthday.

Jamie said...

Where are you hiding that baby? You look just as great as you did with #2. Happy Birthday!