Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh funny

So, since I'm so above blogging about potty training (ha), I'll just give some small non-disgusting/non-revealing details. I think being potty trained has increased Tyler's ability to make me laugh. Tyler's voice is hilarious to me to begin with because he says all kinds of crazy stuff, but to hear a "Hey, what's the big idea!" every few minutes, in reference to the toilet, out of a tiny person still makes me laugh every single time I hear it.

Again, without getting graphic, we had some "Poo toys" that he knew he had to "earn" by doing certain things in the potty. These prizes were The Fabulous Hudson Hornet and Ramone (from Cars). I started to lose my mind as they sat in plain view, untouched and unopened, on top of the refrigerator for almost two weeks. I think poor Tyler almost lost his mind too. He finally earned them both this weekend. And again, I laugh when I hear him asking for Doc: "Where is "Doc-cousint?"

Thirdly, we borrowed some movies from the library last week, knowing we'd be around the house a little more than usual (because of the potty thing). One of the movies was a combo of Toy Story 1 and 2 (seriously, 2 wasn't nearly as good as 1). Tyler also (only) likes the first one. I didn't watch it with him, but I know he sure liked it because all I hear all day long is "O incredibee...and beyond!" Oh, his cute voice and interpretation of what he hears. Hilarious. What a fun age. Luckily, I struck gold last week when I happened on Disney.com's online outlet and costumes were $9.99 and less (and 3 days later, they were back to full price, just in time for Halloween). So we have a Buzz Lightyear, complete with goggles and all, arriving today. Timing is everything, people. Can't wait to get that costume on him. Halloween IS only 2 months away.

Lastly, I think I'll have Emma potty-train my next child (by herself). She's been such a helper with Tyler and yesterday when Tyler achieved a big success in the bathroom (with Emma by his side), she ran in and said, "Oh my gosh, Tyler ________ in the toilet! And I was like 'What a good boy Tyler!'" No, it doesn't bother me that she's already talking like a teenager; I'm so proud that I only have to do about half the dirty work and she happily takes care of the rest.

Unrelated...I can't believe summer is almost over! Well, in the technical term it's almost over. It will still be hot/warm here until Halloween, but the fact that Emma will be in preschool really makes it seem like it's almost over. I don't know what I'll do without my super helper 3 mornings a week - I guess I'll have to be Tyler's mom all by myself.

3 comments:

hales said...

I love Tyler's voice too. When I tell the rest of the family about his phone calls, I have to raise my voice and shout it just like he does. "Grandma -- I GOT A NEW BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!"

Nau Willis said...

im seriously laughing out loud at Tyler. He is sooo cute! I hope to meet him someday.

Jamie said...

So cute! I love this age too. They say the funniest things. Grant is just getting into the funny stage. Sometimes he pulls my cheeks out and gives me a kiss on the lips. It always makes me laugh