Sunday, February 3, 2013

nine

Nine years ago became my Mother's Day. It was when I fully realized how lucky I am to be a woman, and how very lucky I was to become a mom.

Can I tell you about one of the many reasons Emma is so special? She has the sweetest, most tender heart of anyone I know. Here is an example, which was told to me by a woman in our ward. At church two days after the Sandy Hook shooting, the primary president was talking about Jesus' death and how it was dark and lonely. She asked the kids how that must have felt--that darkness and sadness. Emma leaned over to this woman and quietly said, "It was probably like what the parents of those kids in Connecticut felt." So thoughtful, that girl.

Emma got to have a birthday party this year. She is waaaay into music, and Taylor Swift is probably her favorite. So, as hard as it was to do a Taylor Swift theme, that is just what we did.


6 friends could come, 4 from church/school and 2 from school. They did freeze dance, musical chairs, and pin the guitar on Taylor Swift (I am clearly winning art awards...).

These edible image cupcake toppers were cute but most of  the girls peeled them off rather than eat them. Probably a wise choice.

Today is a Sunday AND it was Stake Conference (double whammy) but she didn't seem to mind too much. I'm so lucky to have this girl - she is the best helper I could ask for. She wanted pizookie's for her birthday dessert so that is exactly what we had (she and Tyler shared this one).

I love that Emma is so confident, genuine and smart. She is my pride and joy.

4 comments:

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Emma!!! NINE! Crazy.

hales said...

I love you too, Emma! Glad you had a happy birthday.

GHFamily said...

Happy Birthday!

Misty said...

She seems like a dream to have as your first child!!

And pizookies....MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!