Tuesday, January 29, 2013

keeping it real

In an effort to remember real life, I need to document some of it how it really is. I have a good memory but I always seem to manage to forget things...like when my kids ask who was the hardest baby and why, or who the best sleeper was, or who the most clingy was (ALL except Emma). I want to remember those details.

Sadie was pretty easy her first 6 weeks. She would sleep in the car seat, she was a decent sleeper at night, she ate well, etc. But man! She is now showing her feistiness, which I can SO appreciate - I love feisty girls with attitude. I just wish she wouldn't show it with me.

This girl HATES her car seat. Absolutely detests the thing. Which is sad because it is so stinkin cute. When we need to go somewhere, I always have to weigh just how important it is that we go. If she is in the car more than 5 minutes she will scream bloody murder. She has two moods right now -- happy and TICKED. Her scream makes me absolutely batty; I can't take it.


Sadie only likes to be held upright (over your shoulder). She will only sleep on her belly (I know!!). She won't take a binky. I try every single day. But...man, she is cute. Right? Her tongue-y smile melts my heart. That is her survival mechanism.

Tanner is adorable. Seriously. But he is not patient. At the end of the day if I have managed to cycle the laundry through (forget about sorting and folding) or cleaned one bathroom it is a success. Which just makes me laugh. It is amazing how times can change so quickly. The big kids are easy easy. I love when they are home because they are great helpers. But they are busy too, which means we are all busy. Homework, activity days, sports, piano... I love all the activities that don't involve us going anywhere (avoiding putting a certain baby in a car seat). It's just busy, and that is ok. At least we aren't bored.

Spencer works a lot. Shocker, right? Every night at 7:30 I have about had it, and that is when I call and as nicely as possible beg him to find a way to come home. Saturdays are manageable with him at work because I have Emma and Tyler. Bless them. Sundays are heaven, at least the ones when Spencer doesn't have lots of church responsibilities. And this is our season of life. In a year I know I'll be sad this stage is over. Right now it's all about survival.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Haha I like this post. That picture is hilarious.

House of Tong said...

She is even cuter when she's screaming even though I can't hear her! xo