Thursday, February 14, 2013

snippets

I am seriously considering turning this blog private, allowing access to no one, and only "blogging" for myself, to print out into books. I have done this 3 times, printing two years' worth of posts each time, and I love love love having that. My kids read them all the time. I just don't really see the point anymore of the world having access to it. I go back and forth...

But for now, I'm just going to post some snippets of our lives. Perhaps the most open-book post in a while, and maybe the last? For anyone who cares, but mostly for me...someday...to remember.

I am busy with 4 kids, a husband who works a lot, and a great calling at church. I have either been in YW or in Primary in the 10 years I've been married, and I love it. I do look forward to being in Relief Society someday though. I am learning how to get a lot done, or at least the necessary things done, during one of Sadie's four 45-minute naps a day. This is the first year I'm not volunteering in the kids' classes regularly, which I sorta feel guilty about, but not too much. My friend and I are putting on the Read-a-thon and Family Reading Night in two weeks, which is a lot of work and is kinda stressful, but it is SUCH a great event and now that we have done it before (last year) we feel a little more comfortable. I often reminisce about how life was "easy" and simple with just one (or two) kids. But not nearly as fulfilling and exciting.

Spencer barely has time to breathe but he still manages to do everything so well. He is the high counselor over missionary work, and as our mission is the pilot area for lots of things the church is testing out, he has a bunch going on. He gives lots of talks and goes to lots of meetings, and still makes it home most of the time for me to go to YW on Tuesday nights. He loves to take the kids out for frozen yogurt. If he ever works fewer than 65 hours a week it is a miracle. Other than all the time he spends there he really does like his job. He is always planning motorhome trips.

Baseball is starting up again. Baseball season is long, and our league is serious and competitive. Tyler eats it all up, so the rest of us try to as well. This is the first year he doesn't have a buddy on his team. He is really FINALLY starting to get into reading. I love finding his nose in a book every time I turn around, which I'm used to with Emma. He's sensitive...and we are working on that.

Emma is my right-hand lady and she knows it. She adores Tanner, which is really great for me, but isn't as eager to help with Sadie. I find that interesting and curious. She isn't thrilled she now shares a room with a baby, especially because she would stay up until midnight reading if she could. She now uses a flashlight when I bring Sadie in and turn off the lights (sigh). She is always asking me to fly her to Phoenix to play with her baby cousins.

Tanner talks so much and so well that I often feel like I'm dealing with and trying to reason with a 5 year old. He is cute and funny. He is finally sleeping through the night consistently, but is always trying to get out of his naps. He is in a once-a-week playgroup...something we are both thankful for. He is pretty easy at this point. I am contemplating potty training in the next couple of months but he keeps resisting and telling me why he should stay in diapers (yet another reason to get him out of them).

Sadie is sweet but feisty at the same time. She will grin and giggle and then scream at you a few seconds later. She is a pretty good sleeper, usually going for a 6-7 hour stretch before eating and then sleeping again until about 6:30 or 7. She absolutely hates the car, and I have had to get creative with how we get to all the places we need to without her going ballistic. She likes to be held and she likes attention...yes, she is definitely one of my babies (they were all that way). She and Tyler seem to just "get" each other. Oh, and she loves Tanner.

I'm constantly daydreaming and planning house projects and exotic vacations. I am good at multi-tasking while nursing. I used to be an awesome budget-er, but that has slipped. I still hate doing the laundry, but now my kids help a lot so as long as I cycle it through it gets sorted and put away. I love that I have two blue-eyed and two brown-eyed kids and that they all look different. Life is busy but it is good and I wouldn't have it any other way.

My cute baby:


8 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

Well I'm glad you still blog and share but I consider doing the same thing! It's totally my journal/photo album/family history.

hales said...

And that's life. And then you blink and you'll be writing about your cute grandchildren.

Carly said...

What? Heck yes! Throw Emma on a plane any day! :)

tracie said...

Hi Cheri! I understand, I often contemplate making my blog private too. It evolved into a journal/baby book. :) I do love keeping up with your beautiful family here. You are such a great example to me.

What company have you used to print your blog? I want to do that too and I was thinking of going with Blurb.

Cheri said...

Hi Tracie. Hopefully you come back and see this...
I use Blog2Print and they are great. Very reasonable prices too! I think Blurb is really nice but you have to do more of te layout design yourself. With Blog2Print it imports your blog and takes about 5 minutes to order.

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph and E said...

I would be bummed if you only let yourself see your blog :( but would totally understand. I don't think that you knew I am your blog stalker :)

Misty said...

At least invite me! =)