Tuesday, August 28, 2012

old

I know I'm not really that old, but hitting a new decade is kind of a big deal...

Spencer was quite mortified as he heard me talk to his mom last week. She had asked me how I magnify sound on my phone when I play music. I told her that I don't really use my phone to play music but that when I do, I put it in a glass cup or bowl and that makes the sound a little bit louder. Spencer picked his jaw up off the floor and looked at me like I was a complete embarrassment.


So no, I am not surprised with what he got me for my birthday. You can welcome me to the century/decade/whatever else. I am still behind the times in a lot of ways, but now we can rock out to Kidz Bop in style. Kitchens are the best place for dancing anyway.

7 comments:

Carly said...

Hahahaha, I actually think the phone in the bowl is pretty resourceful and impressive. :-) However, Spencer's gift is awesome and I'm sure it works a million times better. Happy Birthday!

Jen said...

I had never thought of putting it in a bowl to magnify the sound. Truly, you are a genius! But, a nice birthday present nonetheless. :)

Happy birthday!!!

Mark and Kim said...

Is that a paint sample I see in the background?? That is a good idea to have around--Ty's always wanting to dance and I forget that my phone plays music! I guess I'm behind too. Happy Birthday!

Cheri said...

Yes!! I have the itch to paint... more of that will hopefully come soon! :)

Dad said...

Great idea Spencer! I'm impressed.

Misty said...

Haha! Awesome!

Kristina and Tyson said...

Girlfriend, I still put my phone in a glass cup ALL THE TIME and I still have a IHome! Sometimes it is easier than moving the Ihome around the house :) Enjoy your birthday present and some dancing :)