Saturday, August 18, 2012

tradition?

Spencer wants a boat. He grew up with one, and loved having that time when even though his dad was busy and worked a lot, he was out on the lake with the family and there were no other distractions. Spencer works a lot, and he finally had a Saturday off. {I'm hoping we are done with 80-hour weeks for a few months.} Tyler was having a birthday and it's been a while since we took the motorhome out, so we put it all together for a fun little expedition.

I think a lot about traditions, and especially having some in our family that are our very own. I haven't been good at keeping them up so far but I have a feeling that will change as the kids grow up a little and remember them, and remind me constantly.

We don't have any lakes or bodies of water close enough to be worth it (according to me), but maybe it will be a fun tradition to camp and rent a boat for a few hours once a year. My kids sure loved it (minus the life jackets).

Spencer was a natural behind the wheel. Even though it was a "slow fishing boat."

Tanner really was having fun...but was mad I was taking his picture.

Mom, can you edit out my life jacket?

This easy child of mine was so satisfied with just being on a boat that after 30 minutes he told us we could be done and go back if we wanted, and that he had had such a fun time. Easy to please, this one.


Ahhh, my cute, happy birthday boy. I'm kinda sad he has teeth growing into those huge gaps.

If this fun activity turns into a tradition, I'm definitely ok with that. Especially if that means we never have to actually buy a boat.

7 comments:

Misty said...

So fun. We ARE close enough to the water and Phil does want a boat. He'd be happy with a slow fishing boat I think. At least for now

Carly said...

I vote you get a boat. :) These pictures are AMAZING. Emma looks like a model and the lake looks so inviting.

hales said...

I vote you get a boat. A yacht. With a grandparents suite. And a butler.

Cheri said...

well, that's MY vote too. we can almost afford it. ;)

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rich Family said...

ahhh the boat.....to get one or not to get one?????? Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

House of Tong said...

Yes, get a boat. I love these pictures!! I literally LOL at Emma's request to photoshop that out. ahah Tanner's picture with your glasses.. to.die.for!! Your family is sooo cute!!