Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the one i know the least

It's been an emotional couple of weeks for me anyway, with some changes for our family. What perfect timing. Today Macie should have turned 3--my one literal angel, who I hardly know at all. I do know she must have a huge spirit and be completely selfless. I do know that she is special and that she quickly and quietly fulfilled all she needed to. I do know that our family is lucky enough to have a cheerleader on the other side. I can't imagine anything more comforting.

It's interesting how that first year after you lose a loved one every single thing is measured in months. The holidays are painful. Once that first year has gone by in its entirety, the load gets a little lighter. It gets slightly easier to go on. But then it's just different. We don't make it to the cemetery as often. I have other things/children to occupy my thoughts. Other people move on as well. Thank goodness for sweet moments of remembrance, especially for birthdays. I am so so thankful to my friends and family who took the time to let us know they were thinking of us. I have some incredible friends, and my house has the flowers/gifts to prove it.

Happy 3rd birthday sweet one. Thanks for joining our family.




(notice Tanner's awesome cupcake face. and his cute hand on my shoulder. and that he's standing on her headstone...)

12 comments:

Natalie N said...

So so so precious, Cheri! Loved these pictures. You look beautiful. What a tender day for your family. Thanks for sharing!
xoxo

April said...

I've been thinking about you and your family all week! I knew it was coming up, seeing as harry's is this weekend. Its so true. As horrible as it is to lose our babies we are so lucky to have a sweet angel on the other side for us. I hope you had a nice peaceful day! you said it perfectly! Thank you and Happy birthday to our sweet babies, 3 years old this year wow! I know they were celebrating in heaven! Love you! Hope the rest of the week is nice and peaceful!

Mark and Kim said...

So sweet. Love you.

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura H. said...

I love the pictures, especially the expressions on the kids faces. Have a great week!

hales said...

Three years old. I think she would have been tall for her age (like Emma), into books, the color pink, Tyler's legos, emptying the kitchen cabinets daily, and Taylor Swift. Oh -- and she would LOVE shopping with Grandma.

Carly said...

So cute- so glad you got such great moments on camera. And yes- Tanner is so funny and adorable in that last picture.

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

We were thinking about you all day. What a sweet post. Love you guys!

Amy said...

what a sweet family you guys are!

Jen said...

Cupcakes and balloons are a wonderful way to celebrate. Thinking of you. . .

Janene said...

Been thinking of you guys this week .. and Macie too. These are wonderful pictures, capturing her day.

Me said...

:) Makes me smile.