Tuesday, September 15, 2009

freedom

I experienced a new sense of freedom yesterday. At the same time I experienced (a tiny amount of) loneliness! After dropping Tyler off at preschool I went to Michael's and the grocery store. Alone! In one hour I got all my shopping done, and still had an hour at home. (Aren't you feeling so sorry for me?) Yes, I had every reason to be productive and clean my house or something...but didn't.

I picked up Emma and she was excited to come get Tyler with me. When he ran out, he said, "Mom! I didn't even cry!" My little sweet homebody actually enjoyed it. That's what I call success. And go figure, I was asked to be the room rep for Emma's class. There goes most of my freedom.

Photobucket



Photobucket
*If you're thinking he wears this shirt a lot, you're right.

In his prayers last night, he prayed that "mommy won't be wonwee (lonely)." I'm thinking I'll be just fine.

10 comments:

Misty said...

must be so nice! =) My Ty has taken to screaming every time I put him in the shopping cart. Makes it really fun when I'm 8.5 months pregnant! =)

hales said...

Woo hoo -- Shopping alone is such a treat; you don't end up buying a bunch of junk. And if you do, you don't have to share. (ha ha)

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

I'm glad he had fun. Jordan kinda had a hard time and I had to go get him about 10 min. early. We will see.

Melanie said...

I'm glad that he went so happily. I know that Makenzie already misses that place. She's realized over the past week that kindergarten isn't quite the same as preschool-- not so much play time I think :)

siovhan said...

oh how cute!! tyler is getting SO big!!

GHFamily said...

What a fun period of life! Enjoy, enjoy!

The Reichmans said...

Wow-that sounds like fun to go the the grocery store without a child. I would be so fast and buy so much less junk food. I am glad he did so well at school.

Natalie N said...

Hi again! How fun to catch up on your blog tonight. I love that Tyler prayed for you not to be "wonwee". Both of your kids are so kind and sensitive. And I love Emma's first day of school post--and outfit! What a grown up girl! :)

Kristina and Tyson said...

Can't believe that Tyler is really in preschool! Such a big boy! He is such a stud...I just love his smiles in the pictures, they mezmorize me...those eyes, those cute smiles! AHHH! Tell them hi from me!

Mikaela said...

Hey I'm glad you found my blog. It was so fun to meet you guys and go to the game! You're kids are adorable by the way.