Wednesday, August 12, 2009

These are just 4 of my favorite things...

...about my little guy! He turned 4 this week and I'm admittedly a little sad as I see that my kids are getting so big, and I'm trying so hard to hold on to every little detail!

  • This kid loves to sleep. He's even been known to ask for permission to take a nap. He wasn't always this way - just the last 18 months or so. He even sleeps through Sacrament Meeting every Sunday. I love it!

  • On the topic of sleeping, he always has at least one of his eyes slightly open while he's asleep. It's a little creepy. He also sleeps with his mouth wide open.

  • He is an incredible athlete. He's a killer fast runner, he learned how to ride a 2-wheeler in about 90 seconds (before his older sister, mind you), and he can hit a baseball across the yard.
  • I hope there are Goldfish in heaven, just for him. An unlimited supply.

Happy Birthday, my boy. I hope the next 4 years are just as picture-perfect. P.S. Thanks for asking me if we could go to the cemetery so you could show Macie all your birthday presents. You made my day. And you surely made hers.


I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with this kid. Spencer was at work and it was the beginning of December. I took two pregnancy tests (I think I always do this - I never believe the first one), and then I wrapped them in a Christmas box (yes, gross). I could barely wait until he got home and I made him open it right when he walked in the door. Neither of us was really surprised, but it was a crazy month anyway with the holidays and with Spencer in his very last semester of grad school. We had to move out of our house, and we all got hit with a nasty stomach bug. Aside from throwing up a few times from that, I wasn't sick one day during this pregnancy with Tyler. I was really tired though, and would nap every day during Emma's naptime, but it was smooth sailing.

Then Tyler was born... and the smooth sailing was over. He either enjoyed crying or hated life his first few months. That first year of his life was so hard on me with two tiny ones, but Emma was so easy going that I was able to (or had to) spend that extra time with Tyler. They are the best of friends these days and he's just the most pleasant person to be around, especially for a 4-year old!


10 comments:

GHFamily said...

Oh Cheri,
Tyler is so adorable! I wish you were in my ward and I had a chance to be his nursery teacher...

Carly said...

Too cute. :) He is definitely my favorite 4-yr old!

Natalie N said...

Wow! He is 4 already?! I can't believe it! Tyler sounds like an angel boy. I can't believe he's already riding a bike with no training wheels! Crazy! Sounds like he is a natural athlete.

Kristina and Tyson said...

Absolutely adorable little Tyler! Crazy how fast they do grow up...I love your idea of the four scrapbook page!

Candice said...

I think Tommy needs to spend time with Tyler to pick up his sleeping habits, that's amazing!

hales said...

Happy Birthday buddy! We miss you.
~ Grandma and Papa

The Rich Family said...

Happy Birthday Tyler. We love you and miss you.

Janalee said...

Such a cute way to treasure him on his birthday. You are a great mom and I look forward to when your first book comes out! Thanks for letting us get a glimspe into your childhood :) NO wonder you hated the cold back East!

Kim said...

He's gotten so big! What a handsome boy. Happy Birthday Tyler!

Janene said...

What a kid! Fun to learn more of his adorable-ness. :o)
I'm trying to pull some thoughts together as we just celebrated Ben's third birthday.