Friday, July 24, 2009

hmm

So I got this email from one of my friends this morning:
(Dylan is one of Emma's friends and Katie is one of his friends)

I just got off the phone with my cool neighbor (Katie's mom). Anyway, she had the funniest thing to tell me. Katie was with Dylan and Emma at the pool when you first got there. Dylan asked Emma if she could get in the water and she said that you told her to wait a couple minutes because she had just gotten sunblock put on. Dylan asked why (which is silly because I make him wait too! So he knew the reason) and Emma said, "Our family doesn't do 'why' questions!" She said it so matter-of-fact. So my neighbor wants to meet you and get to know the coolest mom she's ever heard about.

Perhaps I should be concerned about possibly suppressing my children and their oh-so-thoughtful questions, but really, I'm a little busy being the "coolest mom she's ever heard about."

I've had a smile on my face all day. Love that girl of mine.

5 comments:

Dad said...

This story cracks me up. Knowing Emma, she isn't suppressed, but she sure pays attention and uses what she learns.

Jana said...

Hahaha. That is seriously TOO funny! No wonder your kinds are so great, they have the coolest mom :)

Cody and Meg said...

That is so cute! So I met your cousin (?) yesterday. Tyler Hales? He plays bball with Cody. He is way nice. I was excited when he told me that he was related to you. We still need to try to do a photo class together, that would be fun!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I needed that response to my children's questions. Too late. this post reminds of me the conversation I overheard while the sacrament was being passed in church. There was a little boy in front of us, who was visiting his Grandma. It was kind of funny to listen to all his questions. "Grandma, what is that thing on the boy's arm." "It's a cast." "What is that for?" "I think he broke his arm." "Why does he only have one?" "Because he only broke one arm." "How did he break it?" "I don't know. He plays sports. It might have been while he was playing sports." "Will I break my arm too?" I didn't hear what she said, I just was trying not to laugh during the sacrament. Children can be so cute, while trying to learn.

Gary and Michelle said...

It's not hard for me to believe you are the "coolest mom" ever. We think you are extrodinary!