Monday, July 13, 2009

a visit

Sometimes I become a zombie mom. This happens a lot in the summer. Sometimes I just want to sit on my bed and do nothing. But...that doesn't fly for very long. Sometimes I am lame and boring and run out of fun things for us to do.

Thankfully, some great people came and rescued my kids from boredom for a couple days.

Tyler had someone else to sword-fight with (ok, so I've never actually played swords with him), and I heard "on guard" and "I killed you dead" at least 85 times.
Photobucket

Emma had someone to read a new Fancy Nancy book (among tons of other books) to her. Her nose in a book...that's Emma's happy place.

They left this morning.

Today the kids and I went to the park and to Target. They ran in the sprinklers and helped me do some stuff outside. We went to a friends' house and did their pool and slip 'n slide. And the stinkers still complained they were bored.

I can't compete with Papa and Grandma. Mom and Dad...when can you come back?!
Photobucket

(Can you believe they're grandparents??!)

5 comments:

hales said...

I wish Tyler was here to sword fight with Papa so that I could get a break.

Carly said...

Emma looks like she wants to sword-fight too. :) Sounds like a fun weekend!

Stefanie said...

Ok our boys soooooo need to play together (to bad we live on opposite side of the us) but Caleb loves sword fighting. He will play that ALL DAY. So cute to see your little guy playing with your dad. Grandparents are the best!

Jamie said...

I feel so boring lately too. I agree Grandparents are life savers.

You look so much like your dad.

The Howard Bolton Family said...

You know, I didn't realize how much your children looked like your side of the family. The last photo proves it to me.

I love it when my parents come and rescue me. My children love them. I am glad that your children love your parents!