Monday, April 13, 2009

Rolling along

We now have beautiful white baseboards, thanks to a kind neighbor who donated his entire Saturday to show us (well, Spencer) what the heck we were supposed to be doing, and thanks to Spencer's EQ secretary who is, quite literally, straight from heaven. FYI - you can add nice new baseboards in your house for under $50! Totally worth it. I get new carpet on Wednesday and am so excited yet so darn scared that after all this drama/backordering/changing our colors we will hate it. So scared.

My walls remain bare. We've had our walls painted (including a burgundy accent wall) for over a week, and I just can't decide where to put things. Maybe now that we're permanent it's more important. We moved 10 times in less than 7 years of marriage, so I have decided that we are not moving for the next 7 years to make up for it. Filling a 25 foot truck two times might mean we have too much stuff to drag around. Probably. (Here's a little preview of what my laundry room looks like.)


Some of our best friends came down last week for a little visit. I felt awful that we are still so crazy in our house and I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I wanted to, but it was SO great to see them. Camille is someone I just click with, and she is such a great mom. Their boys are sweet and darling, and my kids had the best time.

Easter was just so nice. I was surprised by how much more the holiday touched me than it has before. The word "resurrection" has been on the brain in such a different way than it has ever been previously. Spencer wanted a traditional Easter dinner even though we couldn't find anyone (last-minute) to eat it with us. So I have lots of leftover ham and funeral potatoes. Yum.

It's Spring Break, which isn't a huge change for me since my kids aren't in school anyway, but I do feel added pressure to make it fun. Any ideas?

Here are some pictures from our Easter. This blog has been rather picture-less for a while, which I definitely prefer. But sometimes people just need something to look at. These were at our hunt on Saturday night. Our Easter Bunny was tired and the hunt wasn't until right before bed. The kids got a kick out of it. Thank goodness they're still little enough for it to be fun. By the look on Tyler's face you'd think he had found something much more valuable than a Reese's.

I have cute pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes on my photo blog. I'm too lazy to add them here too. :)

10 comments:

Kristina and Tyson said...

I LOVE your laundry room vinyl lettering....I am addicted to vinyl lettering! So glad that you had a good Easter and that your house is coming along!

The Reichmans said...

the lettering in your laundry room is really cute. That is exciting that you have already been able to do so many things with your new house-it sounds like you guys are making some serious progress. I am glad you had a good Easter.

Natalie N said...

That face on Tyler is the BEST. I can just feel his joy all the way over here. :) Glad to read you had a lovely Easter. Cute laundry room too!

Jamie said...

How fun to see Camille and her family (if it is indeed the Camille I know). Yay for baseboards. Isn't great to have help from friends. We feel like we've gotten so much more help than we've ever given out. It seems our helping others will never quite be in balance with the help received.

Carly said...

I want to come see the house! It seems to be coming along great!

hales said...

There's "something more valuable than a Reese's?" What??? That's about as good as it gets!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I too LOVE your vinyl--so fun! Congratulations on the new house. Enjoy making it your own and having fun with it. So I seem to get a little teary eyed a lot when I read your blog. Thanks for always sharing. One of my friends from high school takes photos for that group you mentioned--she had a similar experience as well. Anyways, we enjoyed reading the budget posts. J.R. is my spender and I am the saver--someone's got to keep things together, right?!

Janalee said...

where did you order the lettering from? SO Cute! I wish I was a better writer... than maybe I'd actually post without pict. I just don't know how to SAY it on paper! You have such a talent. Thanks for sharing all that you do! And I know right now you are rolling your eyes :)

Cheri said...

Janalee, in case you check this again...I made the vinyl lettering.

little mrs w said...

I love it! I'm so excited for you!