Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Finally!

We slept in our new house last night. This morning Spencer and I said to each other, "This feels like home." (Nevermind that we did live there for a year.) It's always been home and we're glad to be back. Especially after 3 weeks of DRAMA.

My laundry room is a bright, happy yellow color. Ahh, an indoor laundry room...
My bedroom is a beautiful, calming blue.
New carpet comes in two weeks.
I have a huge dining area.
And I have grand plans for the rest of the house.

Oh, and I'm blogging from the driveway. I'm "borrowing" our friends' wireless. I don't even mind having to come outside to get the internet... because we own a house! (Now, let's hope Spencer keeps his job.)

Now if someone would come take a roto-tiller to my entire front yard and plant grass for me...

Pictures to come when I can find my usb cable. One thing at a time, right??

12 comments:

hales said...

Congratulations!! And owning a home is great with your budget planning. Now you'll know exactly where every dime went. :-)

jksfam said...

What an adventure! I hope you get all settled soon. Enjoy your "new" home!

Laura said...

yeah, maybe Saturday I can stop in for a peek. And don't "plant" grass. It is not so expensive to do sod if you install it yourself and so much more rewarding. And it will stop the dirt from being tracked onto your brand new carpet while you watch the birds eat your seed. I'm speaking from experience. Kevin even knows a whole saler.

Rachel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You officially live in your OWN home. What a great feeling. I can't wait to see pictures!

Laura H. said...

Congrats! We're really happy for you guys. Miss you!

The Rich Family said...

I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures. New carpet will make it feel and smell like a new house. Congrats!!!

Natalie N said...

YAY for you guys! Welcome BACK home! What an exciting time for you all. Sorry to hear about the 3 weeks of drama--bummer! But it sounds like you guys are so happy to be there. Congrats again!!

Stefanie said...

Yay Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics.

breanna said...

yay! how exciting!!! i "borrow" internet too! although the one i've been borrowing for a while now has diappeared...and the desktop won't connect to the other one, but the laptop does. no now i have to swipe the laptop while orum is sleeping since he always has it at school. the things we do...can't wait to see your house!

Jamie said...

Yay for a new house! Its nice to have your own. I hope Spener keeps his job too. Renting would be so much easier if our husbands had to lose jobs. A couple of people were layed off yesterday at Carl's small company. Its so sad.

Jen said...

Congratulations on your new home! Can't wait to see pictures. New carpet really makes a home feel new!

The Reichmans said...

That is so exciting to be in your own home! I have no clue when that day will come for us, but I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures.