Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jobs

It's almost comical (more like ironic) to me that every single time Spencer goes out of town, someone gets sick. Yesterday, after cleaning a large amount of vomit out of MY BED (which came from an otherwise cute 2-year old), I decided he can't go out of town anymore. He's been gone all week but gets home tonight, thankfully. In his absense I have tried to be somewhat productive. I decied to make job charts for the kids, from a template I got online several months ago. I think they turned out cute and they're at Costco printing right now. Emma's actually really excited about having a job chart. When I showed it to her (on the computer) she said "Woo hoo, jobs!" Clearly she doesn't know what she's saying. I told her if she does everything for two weeks straight, we can pay a visit to the now infamous ice cream truck, that seems to be perusing our neighborhood more and more often. After I put her to bed last night, she called me in and told me she wanted to do a "job" right then. I asked which one and she told me she wanted to read. :) So we turned on the lights, read a book, and she went back to sleep.

The great thing about this format is that I can so easily change the jobs based on their ages and what they're involved in at the time. Hopefully they'll be a little more motivated to help me pick up their crap; it only gets harder and harder to clean up after growing kids! Oh, and it's only like $1.49 to print (each) at Costco! Pretty good!

Template by Brooke Kemp.

9 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

These job charts are great... does Brooke Kemp have a website to order from? What size are they? Sorry for all the questions, just wondered how I can get in on the job action too. I'm anticipating the need for structure with summer right around the corner and would love to make some for my kiddoes.

hales said...

These are so cute. I loved job charts. Here's to many visits to the ice cream truck.

Cheri said...

Lisa, she does have a blog and I will try to find the link and send it to you if the link to download these is still active. Or I can send you my template (if that's legal!). I accidently printed mine (just picked them up!) at 12x18 and had meant to do 8x12 so they're HUGE but I actually really like them. However, the template is meant for an 8x12 printed-out size. They turned out great though and the resolution was perfect and everything!

Janene said...

I know I need to get the job thing going SOON. Maybe i will get in touch with you when Peter is out of town next! :o)

Natalie N said...

Bummer about cleaning up barf in your own bed! We had a nasty bug last week too. I hope Tyler is feeling better!

Okay, those job charts are just darling. You and your creative genius never cease to amaze me! :)

Hey, let's get together sometime. I'd love to meet up with you at that beach you went to recently, at our park here when the water is on, or anywhere! Keep in touch.

Kristina and Tyson said...

i really like those jobs charts. I remember ours growing up and I always thought it was a great idea...now you have made it so cute! I will have to do that when I have more kiddoes to help out with the chores!!

Sarah said...

Hi Cheri,

I am so excited to be able to read our blog. I love the job chart. I really need something like that for Kayleigh. Can you send me a link to where you got the template from?

Sarah

The Howard Bolton Family said...

You amaze and astound me. Mother-hood is so up your alley, even though you didn't think you it was. You do a wonderful job with your children. Congratulations on the new laminating machine and the beautiful job charts!

Misty said...

so...where did you find this template?