Friday, May 16, 2008

Doctors, doctors everywhere

Do you ever feel like your family is single-handedly supporting all the doctors/pharmacies in the area? Here's this week in a nutshell:

*Tyler complained of ear pain all Monday morning. My kids don't get ear infections - ever - so I was skeptical. Finally took him in. Sure enough...he's on amoxicillin and is doing much better.
*Spencer got a HUGE cavity filled. Rare for him to even get a cavity. And guess what? It was in his wisdom tooth. Yup, he still has all 4. Hmm...maybe I should go to dental school.
*I bruised my ribs (entire right side, front and back) last weekend from the intense coughing I've been doing for two weeks. Ouch.
*I finally went to Urgent Care for the rib pain and found out I have bronchitis (with a slight chance of pneumonia). Lovely. More amoxicillin prescriptions were filled around here.
*After two days of antibiotics and still lots of coughing, I heard/felt a "pop" in my back and had extreme pain. Certain I fractured a rib, back I go to Urgent Care - after Spencer had come home from work to take me. Xrays and hours later, we find that I've either torn a muscle or connective tissue. Basically, I get to endure the pain for about a week or more. Joyful, when I have two little kids to care for and it happens to be 100 degrees this week (p.s. I love hot weather, but not without AC!)

My thoughts:
*Thank goodness for Spencer's great job and his wonderful health insurance. 5 co-pay's in one week stink, but that's better than paying $1000 for an xray or $15 for a dumb prescription (instead of $2).
*Good friends continue to be my life-savers.
*I'm so glad I have a great husband who is so conscious of how I'm feeling. Now if he could just go to medical school...
*Next weekend is our ward's massive camping trip up the coast. I really want to go, so please cross your fingers with me that I heal fast!

10 comments:

Braden said...

that really stinks, but i hope that you get well. well enough in a week that you can go camping. p.s. when you r little brother gets his call, call me up!!

hales said...

This next week is going to be GREAT! I mean, what else could go wrong?? (maybe I shouldn't have said that.) Go buy a new pair of flip-flops. That cures anything.

Ryan said...

I think if you are able to take care of two kids while going through all that, you should be able to handle a little camping no problem. Besides, kids just want to run and play on camp-outs anyway, and with all the other ward members there to help, camping might actually be easier than staying home with the kids. ;-)

Lisa R.D. said...

I can't believe you coughed so hard that you have bruised ribs! That's awful. I hope you feel much better soon (and that your medical visits and pharmacy visits stop soon, even with insurance, it still gets pricey).

Janene said...

Man, I'm sorry to hear all of this! Is Emma well enough to help out? :o) I really hope you get to go camping, that sounds like a blast.

Valasi Satini said...

Ok this has nothing to do with this post but HI Cheri!!! Its good to see you on here! Its been a loooooong time! :)

Cheri said...

Valasi, if you check this again, do you have a blog? What is it? It's great to hear from you!

Valasi Satini said...

Whats your email and I'll invite you. :)

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
little mrs w said...

oh goodness!! please get better ASAP!