Monday, November 5, 2007

14 pairs...and growing!

I came to this great realization today. It doesn't snow where I live! Not only that, but it doesn't get THAT cold. I was shopping today and as all the flip flops were clearanced (several times) I decided that I can once again splurge on cute flip flops, and not be considered impractical, or insane! I got some of my identity back! So I went for it and spent a whopping $2.99 on some darling flip flops that were regularly $19.99.

Growing up I could wear flip flops any day of the year (but Sunday). In college, I tried to keep that going but soon found that numb/purple toes didn't feel/look so great when I had to walk a mile in the cold. Then I moved to Boston. Wearing flip flops whenever I felt like it was completely out of the question! I had to suck it up and buy and (WEAR) real shoes for about 5 months out of the year, unless I wanted some serious frostbite. While I was an East-Coaster I set a standard. If it was above 50 degrees, I could wear whatever footwear I wanted!

Well, I don't think it gets below 50 degrees here too often (during the day). Which means I need a shopping spree for some more new/fun flip flops! Thank goodness my one fetish is relatively cheap. Now if I can just convince Spencer to let me use more (a.k.a. ALL) of the bottom of the closet I'll be good to go! The one downfall? I'll have to keep my toes nicely pedicured all year long...

1 comment:

hales said...

You only have 14 pairs?? Come on -- you were raised better than that! :-) Two words: shoe rack.