Monday, August 27, 2007

Why Heavenly Father made flowers

Emma loves to pick flowers. We have so many kinds all around the outside of our house (and in the neighborhood) that I feel like I haven't even completely discovered because she often picks them before they bloom. Yesterday we had a gorgeous rose starting to bud. She went to pick it and I told her, "Heavenly Father put flowers here so they can grow and be beautiful." She thought for a second and said, "I think Heavenly Father made flowers so I can pick them and they can be beautiful for me." And she plucked it right off. Smartie pants. She's probably right, darn it.

1 comment:

Janene said...

What a cutie. That is the reason I try and grow flowers, so I can cut them and bring them inside. (still, I've lots to learn...grrr)

I like the new look! Good luck starting joy school. I'm the first teacher.... :o\