Friday, August 17, 2007

High School Musical-mania


Tonight I have felt like I am raising a teenage girl. Now, lots of girls (YW) in our ward DROOL over Zac Efron (lead character in HSM). I get it - he's cute - and the movie is lots of fun. I even know a very few 8-year-olds who are way into this movie (they're still a bit young to "get it"). But the fact that my 3-year old is OBSESSED is just beyond me! I'm ok with it in a way because it's totally clean and completely musical. And Emma loves to sing, ALL THE TIME, so of course the songs were memorized within a few days. Tonight was the premiere of HSM 2, and we've had it on the calendar for some time. Anyway, the "main song" came on at the end and something came alive inside of Emma. I turned around and there she was, standing on the fireplace ledge - microphone in hand - dancing and singing her heart out. Well, it was more like lip-syncing - it will take another day or two until she's got the song down pat. She was even fluffing her hair and tossing it ever-so-gently behind her shoulders. I must say it brought a smile to the faces of myself and Spencer. I even managed to get her little number on video, and wish I knew how to upload videos to this blog.

To make a long story short, the obsession with HSM trickles down to even the youngest of us. I guess I should be grateful Tyler's not dancing and singing along (though I know he knows the words too). I should have sent her over to the HSM 2 party with all the YW tonight. She would have made them look like 2nd-raters! This is her cute little obsession. If she starts asking for posters of Zac Efron, that will be a different story...

2 comments:

Janene said...

wow, we have some obsessed six-yr old neighbors, but at three! Glad you caught it on video!

Kristina and Tyson said...

will you email me the video?! I want to see her singing and dancing! That is why I am so excited for a girl! How cute is that?!!!!