Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tyler's Big 2nd Birthday

Tyler had an excellent birthday yesterday. He got a cool racetrack for his cars, a Mack truck that holds Lightning McQueen inside, a Cars blanket (he loves it!), and a few other odds and ends. Here are some pictures.




Last year Tyler LOVED eating his birthday cake - in fact, he devoured it. This year he tasted a small piece so carefully and then was done. Here's a comparison (first picture is last year):

I'm not offended because I don't LOVE cake either. Maybe this cute redheaded creature is mine after all...



By the end of the night he was exausted, thank goodness, and went to bed curled up with his new, super soft Cars blanket. I love to watch him sleep and wonder what he dreams about. We're so blessed to have such a cute, sweet boy in our family.


On another note, I just got my first bee sting ever (stepped on it)! I knew it was bound to happen and am more irritated that I broke my 25-year record than the fact that it hurt horribly for about 5 minutes. Oh well, at least everyone else is happy and healthy, and the weather is gorgeous. In fact, Spencer just said, "I'm so much more tired when I'm home than at work!" Music to my ears!!! It brings me a certain amount of satisfaction to know that my job is "harder" than his. However, I also get to have a lot more fun!

No comments: