Friday, November 8, 2013

To my baby

Sadie,

You get to be my baby forever. Because you are the youngest, this is how I imagine I will refer to you, even when you are a teenager. And when you are an adult. I wonder how much it will bother you and how much you will like it.


Today you are ONE. A year already! When you are happy (not as often as I'd like), you have the most FUN personality. You get in front of me and grin your big 6-tooth grin. You yell and smile, practically begging me to mimic you. That game could go on forever. The other day when the doctor asked me if you clapped yet, you started clapping for her! I love when other people see how smart you are.

I am wondering if you have an ear infection. You haven't had one yet. Stay tuned...

You are a horrible sleeper. (What else is new?) Good thing you are cute.

Your siblings ADORE you. And vice versa. I love when you see them running to you across the playground - you pretty much jump out of your skin. And you finally like your dad. Oh thank you for liking your dad.

We made the nursing thing last 10 1/2 months. That was the very most I could muster. You like to pinch and scratch my neck, and I got mastitis 3 times with you. So, DONE. Hallelujah. I'm still sad about it deep down.

I love love love your hair. And your eyes. It is fun to get stopped every day by strangers who want to stare at you and admire you. It's my favorite. Unless we are in a rush.

Happy Birthday little lady. We made it.

(Just so I have it down: 20 lbs 5 oz and 29.5 inches long
3 words: Hiiii, dada, mama)

5 comments:

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Sadie Lady! That was a fast year!

hales said...

Love you Sadie! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Happy Birthday!

Jen said...

She is adorable. Happy birthday Sadie! And, congrats momma for surviving the first year. :)

GHFamily said...

Beautiful baby!

Janene said...

such pretty blue eyes!! I can't believe she is a year old! Really?