Wednesday, October 31, 2012

halloween

Until this morning I didn't catch the irony of my "costume" - I had an ultrasound scheduled (my last one!). Now, Spencer thinks this shirt is "weird" but all the nurses and doctors at the ultrasound place couldn't get enough, for obvious reasons. I was like a walking advertisement for them! The office manager asked to take my picture, took several pictures, and then texted them to me a couple hours later after she had done some creative editing.



And no, the baby is NOT in this position - she has her feet in my right ribs and is curled into a C, but this is much cuter. (My sister has a matching one, courtesy of Kori who has the talent for such things. You have probably seen that pic on FB.)

Tyle was Thor (his big old hammer thing keeps breaking), Tanner was Buzz Lightyear, and Emma was either a 50s girl or a witch, depending on her mood and the occasion. We had a trunk or treat to go to, the kids had a party, and then today they had a parade after school. I am once again grateful for Emma; being on "bed rest" I couldn't do much in terms of helping her with a costume. The day of the trunk or treat, we went out to the costume box and she had only a few options but totally embraced it and wore that poodle skirt with pride.



And with that, there is Halloween. Phew - glad that is over. Now I can pull out Christmas stuff (well, I could if I wasn't on "bed rest") and turn on the music (If you're a hater, please tell me exactly how many good Thanksgiving songs you know.)

And because I think this is cute... we all know Buzz can't really fly, so it's ok to hitch a ride.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Super cute! I sighed a big sigh of relief when it was all over last night. I'm impressed you've already blogged about it. Is it okay for me to put myself on bed rest? Just for a little while? ;-)

Carly said...

Aww everyone looks so cute. Love Tanner in the Buzz costume. I still remember Tyler wearing it, constantly saying, "To infinabee and beyond!" So cute.

GHFamily said...

So much fun. I was hoping to get a peak at your candy stash. I love love love the shirts you and Carly had on!

Natalie N said...

So fun! Loved the shirt and love that you had your last ultrasound. Wahoo! November is here!! Can't wait to hear the news once your baby girl arrives. Sure love you guys!
xoxo