Monday, October 15, 2012

incubator

This baby is still cooking, thank goodness. After 3 nights in the hospital with lots of magnesium sulfate pumping through my veins (and through the baby), I was able to come home to feel anxious and count contractions elsewhere.

Spencer said it best: "All you are right now is an incubator." I will disregard the number of ways I could possibly take that statement, and just believe that it's true - this baby needs a couple more weeks to come out as healthy as possible, but really once we get to 34 weeks (a few days) we are pretty much in the clear. I, on the other hand, don't know if I can make it several more weeks on bed rest - 2 days has been hard enough. November was feeling so close until recently...and now I'm just hoping October will fly by.

I'm just going to enjoy Spencer's comments, especially the ones where he admits that taking care of everything for the kids each day is "exhausting." I need to start recording all of this...

(I'm not feeling "focused" enough yet to get into a new series on TV...but if anyone has suggestions for when I get to that point I'd really appreciate it. I'm not much of a TV watcher but might have to become one.)

5 comments:

Misty said...

I'm way more of a TV watcher than I should be. What kinds of things do you like and I'll recommend something to you!

And yes - it IS exhausting. Get that recorder out soon so you can remind him later!

Mark and Kim said...

So glad you and baby are ok. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll get lots of reading done!

Jo Anne said...

Jacek my little boy first-born was induced at 34 weeks. Before that I was put on bedrest. Blech. I also had the mag too. Blech. But incubator you are and the doctors were just waiting for the magic 34 weeks for me too. I'm glad she is still cookin' and you can spend a little time at home :o) I just got into a new tv series-it's called Alphas. (it's the same thing as heroes and x-men--essentially people who have more than human abilities) Anyhow. Hope you can relax and enjoy the "bedreat" whatever that means with three others at home :o)

GHFamily said...

Geez Cheri, being in bed sucks. If you want brainless TV, there's always Pretty Little Liars. My high school female students love that show. I, myself, think you should use this time to watch the zillion Law and Order episodes. Hang in there.

Natalie N said...

Oh yikes, Cheri! Good luck with the rest of this month and keep that baby cooking!! You are such a go-getter, I'm sure bed-rest must be driving you crazy. Hope all goes well. Thinking of you (and tomorrow 10/25 too)--we love you guys!!