Thursday, July 26, 2012

baseball wrap-up

It's about time I write briefly about this sport that dominates all our lives for 4 months every spring.


We are bigtime fans of team sports in this family. Tyler didn't love t-ball last year, and I had to force him to stick with it the whole season. Up until Halloween of last year he swore he was done and would never play baseball again. {Being so-so at a sport, instead of fantastic, does that to little boys.} But let me tell you, we convinced him to give it one more shot, and I am so glad. So is he! It taught him patience and teamwork (not that he needed it) and his maturity level creeped even higher, if you can believe it.

He was on Farm this year, meaning more practices, more seriousness, keeping score, and hitting from a pitching machine. Once he figured out that pitching machine, he became quite the player.  I know that having two phenomenal coaches helped him a lot. Now all he talks about is playing every single year...I am definitely happy about that, but just thinking about that time commitment makes my eyes twitch a little. I guess this is a good warm-up for potentially having two boys in baseball in a few years.

Tyler was called the most mature boy in the dugout, and won "Best Doubles hitter" on his team. We loved watching him play catcher, especially when he had no idea he was supposed to actually catch the ball. He learned quickly. He won two game balls, and I seriously almost started crying both times.
I wasn't sad when it was over, but I guess our sign of success is that Tyler was.
(i love how both feet are off the ground. can you just feel the excitement??)

3 comments:

Carly said...

so glad i got to witness one of those doubles. :-) go tyler!

hales said...

Those are some seriously cute pictures!

Misty said...

So fun!