Sunday, July 15, 2012

2

I make no secret about the fact that I LOVE having my kids home whenever possible. I love them in public school and homeschooling just isn't for me OR for them, but I really enjoy when we don't have the routine of school and they just get to hang out at home.

This kid is my real buddy right now. We have so much fun together. We find errands to go on, we go on bike rides, we go to the park and he begs to "go higher Mommy!" on the swings. We make apple juice and come up with other fun juice concoctions, and we drink it to our hearts' content. When I put him down for his nap (or at bedtime), he still buries his head into my neck and we sing songs.He now sings along with me, almost every single word of any song I start. He can't carry a tune in the least, but I don't care. He likes to be on my lap, he likes to be next to me, and he's just my little buddy.

Tanner talks like a champ, and I truly can't believe he is now 2. Today! Two years old really is magical, isn't it? It is FUN, as they suddenly talk so much and can even carry on a conversation, and they really are little human beings at this age. He asks every day if we can "go to Cars Land to see tow-Mater." I can't wait to take him.

I love the one on one time we have (not as frequent right now). I love how he opens his mouth and eyes wide when something is surprising...or just to see my reaction. I love his "oh my doodness" that I hear all the time out of his mouth. Nothing is sweeter than hearing, "Mom! I missed you!" after he wakes up, or when he's been off playing for a few minutes. He can sing and dance like nobody's business. I love boys; I love how they love their moms, and I adore this kid with my whole heart.

Isn't he the sweetest? I love his face. And all the faces of Tanner.


6 comments:

House of Tong said...

This post is uber sweet!! I can feel the love you have for him. Happy Birthday Nanner!! xoxo

Carly said...

I love Tanner!! Such a sweetie. Happy Birthday buddy!

Misty said...

Happy Birthday!!!

hales said...

Such cute pictures.

GHFamily said...

I still can't get over his white hair!

Misty said...

I know I already commented, but he really is gorgeous!